where to get armour for a child

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Terry, Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Terry

    Terry Guest

    A 5yr old has a lot of new metal in his forearm after a cycle crash in the park. He finds it
    hurts if given the wrong sort of tap while playing. ''Don't play then'' is not the advice he
    wants to hear.

    Does anyone know where I can get body armour for the arm to fit such a small boy? Has anyone come
    across orthopaedic armour of a suitable type?

    any advice accepted gratefully.

    Terry Jones

    Tags:

  2. Cicero

    Cicero Guest

    "Terry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A 5yr old has a lot of new metal in his forearm after a cycle crash in the
    park.
    > He finds it hurts if given the wrong sort of tap while playing. ''Don't play then'' is not the
    > advice he wants to hear.
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can get body armour for the arm to fit such a
    small boy?
    > Has anyone come across orthopaedic armour of a suitable type?
    >
    > any advice accepted gratefully.
    >
    > Terry Jones
    =============
    Just a suggestion. Try a sports shop selling protective gear for skateboarding.

    Cic.

  3. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On 29 Mar 2003 09:35:48 -0800, [email protected] (Terry) blathered:

    >A 5yr old has a lot of new metal in his forearm after a cycle crash in the park. He finds it hurts
    >if given the wrong sort of tap while playing.
    >
    >Does anyone know where I can get body armour for the arm to fit such a small boy? any advice
    >accepted gratefully.

    Cut up an old Karrimat and gaffer tape it round his limbs.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  4. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    [email protected] (Terry) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > A 5yr old has a lot of new metal in his forearm after a cycle crash in the park. He finds it
    > hurts if given the wrong sort of tap while playing. ''Don't play then'' is not the advice he
    > wants to hear.
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can get body armour for the arm to fit such a small boy?

    Just a thought. If you go through the stock of children's shin guards at a good sports
    outfitters you might be able to find something that can be made to work, possibly with the aid
    of a tubular bandage.

    --
    Dave...