Where to get Bike tool Kit?

Tribalkev

Guest
Before anyone says a bike shop let me explain. I want to get a cycle tool kit that incorporates all
the tools I will need. I have in the past seen kits available similar to this draper one
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H322258E4 the only difference being the name of the company and the
colour of the tools and of course the price.

Has anyone bought or seen one of these for less than £45? if so please share where you purchased it
from with me.

I seem to recall a French sounding mail order company advertised in the back of a magazine selling
them for £36 but cant for the life of me find the advert or remember there name :eek:(

Cheers in advance Kev

TribalKev wrote:
> Has anyone bought or seen one of these for less than £45? if so please share where you purchased
> it from with me.

IIRC I saw something like that quite cheap in Decathlon the other day. I've no idea if there is a
store near you.

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

"Jim Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> TribalKev wrote:
> > Has anyone bought or seen one of these for less than £45? if so please
share
> > where you purchased it from with me.
>
> IIRC I saw something like that quite cheap in Decathlon the other day. I've no idea if there is a
> store near you.
>
> --
> Jim Price
>
> http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com
>
> Conscientious objection is hard work in an economic war.

Unfortunately i have never heard of a shop called decathlon :eek:(

If it helps i am on the Wirral slap bang in the middle of chester and liverpool

Cheers Kev

The nearest Decathlon to you is just off the motorway that runs through Stockport. Near the glass
pyramid that houses the Cooperative Insurance Society HQ.

I love Decathlon. I go there every time I'm in Cheshire visiting the outlaws
!

Regards, Neil Hardman

"TribalKev" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jim Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > TribalKev wrote:
> > > Has anyone bought or seen one of these for less than £45? if so please
> share
> > > where you purchased it from with me.
> >
> > IIRC I saw something like that quite cheap in Decathlon the other day. I've no idea if there is
> > a store near you.
> >
> > --
> > Jim Price
> >
> > http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com
> >
> > Conscientious objection is hard work in an economic war.
> >

> Unfortunately i have never heard of a shop called decathlon :eek:(
>
> If it helps i am on the Wirral slap bang in the middle of chester and liverpool
>
> Cheers Kev

M60 Junction 1 to be precise. They sell bikes, bike bits and lots of other sports equipment
(windsurfing, diving, fishing, horse riding .....)

Regards Neil

news:[email protected]...

Neil Hardman wrote:
> They sell bikes, bike bits and lots of other sports equipment (windsurfing, diving, fishing, horse
> riding .....)

Decathlon are French - they (the French) have a much more civilised attitude to cycling in that any
reasonable sports shop[1] will sell cycles. Unfortunately they also seem to be re-claiming the
concept of laissez faire when it comes to running a shop, but its still worth a visit as you're
bound to see some stuff you haven't seen before.

Jim Price

Normal sig will be resumed as soon as possible...

[1]Not to be confused with sport-fashion-teamshirt-ripoff shop as found in shopping centres
in the UK.

TribalKev wrote:
> Before anyone says a bike shop let me explain. I want to get a cycle tool kit that incorporates
> all the tools I will need. I have in the past seen kits available similar to this draper one
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H322258E4 the only difference being the name of the company and the
> colour of the tools and of course the price.
>
> Has anyone bought or seen one of these for less than £45? if so please share where you purchased
> it from with me.

try http://www.mwdyason.ltd.uk/shop.asp?no_category=23&text_company=TOOLS
http://www.xpedia.co.uk/acatalog/Xpedia_Online_CYCLING_GIFTS_117.html

Peter

TribalKev wrote:
> Before anyone says a bike shop let me explain. I want to get a cycle tool kit that incorporates
> all the tools I will need. I have in the past seen kits available similar to this draper one
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H322258E4 the only difference being the name of the company and the
> colour of the tools and of course the price.
>
> Has anyone bought or seen one of these for less than £45? if so please share where you purchased
> it from with me.

BikeHand kit from Dyasons is the same thing (link posted by Peter). Foolishly, I gradually bought
(nearly) all the items separately so paid over the odds in total.

They're mostly decent quality tools: basic, do the job, made from hardened steel. The spoke key
doesn't look much good (the "Spokey" is good), and you still might need a few more tools, depending
what's on your bike and what you want to do.

~PB

"TribalKev" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Before anyone says a bike shop let me explain. I want to get a cycle tool kit that incorporates
> all the tools I will
need.
> I have in the past seen kits available similar to this draper one
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H322258E4 the only difference being the name of the company and the
> colour of the tools and of course the price.
>
> Has anyone bought or seen one of these for less than £45? if so please
share
> where you purchased it from with me.
>
> I seem to recall a French sounding mail order company advertised in the
back
> of a magazine selling them for £36 but cant for the life of me find the advert or remember there
> name :eek:(
>
> Cheers in advance Kev

Cheers Fellas, will probably go for the BikeHand kit from Dyasons.

Cheers Kev

"TribalKev" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

[Draper tool kit]
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H322258E4

Very nice - I like that. I almost went to Drew's the Ironmongers' website and ordered one - but then
I remembered I already have three of most of the things in the box, and £45 for a plastic case is a
bit much, even if it is neat and tidy. My (workshop) bike toolbox weighs in at somewhere over 25kg.
And is one of four toolboxes I own, all big, all full of tools for specific types of job.

Help me, I'm a tool junkie!

--
Guy
===

"TribalKev" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Before anyone says a bike shop let me explain. I want to get a cycle tool kit that incorporates
> all the tools I will
need.
> I have in the past seen kits available similar to this draper one
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H322258E4 the only difference being the name of the company and the
> colour of the tools and of course the price.

Just in case you didn't know a good rule of thumb is never ever buy anything made by Draper. I've
made this error - stupidly more than once. With other cheap tools you may be lucky or unlucky -
Draper is a near-cert !

Hywel

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Help me, I'm a tool junkie!

Ah. Despite your succumbing to the dark side, despite your description of "trundling" at speeds in
considerable excess of those achieved by a trundly tourist, I knew we had something in common.

I think I got it, along with the huge inherited collection of home-made pullers and the like, from
my father's having been a tool fitter. When I say "home-made", I mean home in the same sense that
most restaurants mean when they use it; mostly they were foreigners from the shop he worked in at
what was successively Vickers-Armstrong, de Havilland, Hawker Siddley, British Aerospace and BAe
Systems but is now apparently Airbus UK.

I caught myself admiring a display of fibre-glass handled lump hammers today. In my defence, it was
one of the few things I could have studied within reach of the train I was due to catch five minutes
later. (I was rather taken with the "wood grenade", too.)