Where to get extra SPD-SL cleat washers

tbessie

New Member
Oct 11, 2003
My Shimano SPD-SL pedals came with bolts and washers. I bought some replacement cleats to use on another pair of shoes, and noticed that they came without any bolts or washers.

I picked up some bolts from my local bike shop, but wonder where I can get extra washers for them.

Anyone know?

- Tim

Originally posted by tbessie
My Shimano SPD-SL pedals came with bolts and washers. I bought some replacement cleats to use on another pair of shoes, and noticed that they came without any bolts or washers.

I picked up some bolts from my local bike shop, but wonder where I can get extra washers for them.

Anyone know?

- Tim

I'll assume you have tried the LBS for the washers with no luck. It may be a long shot but try some local hardware stores or a Home Depot. (I don't use Shimano SPD-SL pedals, so I'm not familiar with the size/shape of the washers your after but you may find something that will work).

Originally posted by Cipher
I'll assume you have tried the LBS for the washers with no luck. It may be a long shot but try some local hardware stores or a Home Depot. (I don't use Shimano SPD-SL pedals, so I'm not familiar with the size/shape of the washers your after but you may find something that will work).

What's the LBS?

Also, the washers are very specific, and I don't think you could use anything but the ones Shimano makes. I tried to the ones from my Look cleats (and Look supplies washers and bolts
with each set of cleats, unlike Shimano), and they're slightly
too big to fit. I could try jamming them into the slots, but I don't
think that'd be a good idea.

- Tim

Originally posted by tbessie
What's the LBS?

Also, the washers are very specific, and I don't think you could use anything but the ones Shimano makes. I tried to the ones from my Look cleats (and Look supplies washers and bolts
with each set of cleats, unlike Shimano), and they're slightly
too big to fit. I could try jamming them into the slots, but I don't
think that'd be a good idea.

- Tim

LBS = local bike shop (Make a few phone calls around to them and ya may find some). good luck.

Have you though about going bact to the source where you got the cleats from? Every set of cleats
I've picked up, came with all of the hardware... If you picked them up from a bike shop, then you
need to go there...

Bill

"tbessie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> My Shimano SPD-SL pedals came with bolts and washers. I bought some replacement cleats to use on
> another pair of shoes, and noticed that they came without any bolts or washers.
>
> I picked up some bolts from my local bike shop, but wonder where I can get extra washers for them.
>
> Anyone know?
>
> - Tim
>

> --

Ah yes, I forgot about LBS = local bike shop. I haven't been on these boards for awhile!

Anyway, as it turned out, I went to my regular bike shop, looked at a package of SPD-SL cleats, and THEY came with the hardware in a little bag. So the place I'd bought them at had sold me cleats without the hardware... guess they'd given them to someone else with the same problem, or commandeered them. Anyway, I went back there, and they gave me some from yet ANOTHER package!

They're going to send that package back and tell Shimano about the missing hardware to get a replacement, so all's well.

Thanks for your suggestions!

- Tim