Where to get posidrive tip/bit set?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Mar 11, 2006.

  1. Tags:

  2. landotter

    landotter Guest

    I got a free posidrive bit when I bought some deck screws there once.
    It might be marketed under a different brand name.

  3. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:46 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

    >I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
    >at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:
    >
    >http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
    >http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm
    >
    >Does anyone know of more options?

    "Pozidriv" as a search term will get more hits, since that's the
    actual trademarked name used by the Phillips Screw Company for the
    product.

    You'll find them at most automotive tool suppliers (including quite a
    few auto parts stores) both by themselves and as part of various
    driver bit assortments. Although Home Depot does not list them on
    their website, the bits are present in a number of the tool sets they
    sell. I'm not sure that they have a bit set that's just Pozidriv,
    though; it's hard to say without going to a specific store because
    Home Depot's website does not list anything close to the same
    selection as their stores carry.

    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  4. Frank K.

    Frank K. Guest

  5. Frank K.

    Frank K. Guest

  6. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

  7. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

  8. Andy Dingley

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:46 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

    >I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot,

    Then try a tool shop instead.

    Or else take a Phillips bit and then grind the tip off. This isn't an
    accurate Pozidriv form, but it's close enough for most jobs, and most of
    the "pozidrive" screws (i.e. not Phillips or Reed) you encounter these
    days aren't true Pozidriv form anyway.

    Wiha or Snap-on do the best hex inserts

  9. Simon Cooper

    Simon Cooper Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
    > at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:
    >
    > http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
    > http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm
    >
    > Does anyone know of more options?

    I bought a cheap set of Stanley "Fat Max" screwdrivers, 10 or so, at Wally
    World, and at least 2-3 of them are posidrive, 3-4 Philips and the rest
    flat. I have a good few British tools anyway, and there's no shortage of
    posidrive amongst them. I guess they're a slightly more modern design and
    hence generally anathema to the American outlook on things, in the main,
    though...

  10. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  11. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:16:39 GMT, "Sorni" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >> I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
    >> at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:
    >>
    >> http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
    >> http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of more options?

    >I always shop for "Negadrive", because I just know I'm going to screw it up.

    Now, that's what I call a realistically positive attitude. (I've
    always made a point of answering any "you've got to think positive"
    crap with something to the effect of "I'm positive that if I take your
    advice, things are going to get a lot worse.")
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  12. Ba r r y

    Ba r r y Guest

  13. Simon Cooper wrote:
    I guess they're a slightly more modern design and
    > hence generally anathema to the American outlook on things, in the main,
    > though...

    Don't make us come over there, Simon.

  14. RayV

    RayV Guest

    auto-parts store.

  15. RayV

    RayV Guest

    auto-parts store.

  16. Erik

    Erik Guest

    Both Snap-On and Mac have wonderful Pozidrive assortments. If correctly
    sized and used ONLY to drive pozi screws, they have an amazingly long
    life.

    Snap-On (and I bet also Mac...) carries them in 1/4" drive bits for
    magnetic screwdrivers too.

    For those not familiar, Pozi head screws are used quite a bit, have been
    for many years. However, most folk don't have a clue about them, and
    just think they are poorly manufactured/fitting Phillips heads. A good
    set of Pozi's will really put a big smile on your face. If you Google a
    little, you will quickly find how to visually identify Pozi heads and
    driver bits. Also, using Pozi only with Pozi, and Phillips only with
    Phillips will make both last much longer, and produce far fewer honked
    screw heads.

    Erik

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

    > I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
    > at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:
    >
    > http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
    > http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm
    >
    > Does anyone know of more options?

  17. R. O'Brian