Where to get posidrive tip/bit set?

I got a free posidrive bit when I bought some deck screws there once.
It might be marketed under a different brand name.

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:46 -0500, dh@. wrote:

>I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
>at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:
>
>http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
>http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm
>
>Does anyone know of more options?

"Pozidriv" as a search term will get more hits, since that's the
actual trademarked name used by the Phillips Screw Company for the
product.

You'll find them at most automotive tool suppliers (including quite a
few auto parts stores) both by themselves and as part of various
driver bit assortments. Although Home Depot does not list them on
their website, the bits are present in a number of the tool sets they
sell. I'm not sure that they have a bit set that's just Pozidriv,
though; it's hard to say without going to a specific store because
Home Depot's website does not list anything close to the same
selection as their stores carry.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:46 -0500, dh@. wrote:

>I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot,

Then try a tool shop instead.

Or else take a Phillips bit and then grind the tip off. This isn't an
accurate Pozidriv form, but it's close enough for most jobs, and most of
the "pozidrive" screws (i.e. not Phillips or Reed) you encounter these
days aren't true Pozidriv form anyway.

Wiha or Snap-on do the best hex inserts

<dh@.> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
> at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:
>
> http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
> http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm
>
> Does anyone know of more options?

I bought a cheap set of Stanley "Fat Max" screwdrivers, 10 or so, at Wally
World, and at least 2-3 of them are posidrive, 3-4 Philips and the rest
flat. I have a good few British tools anyway, and there's no shortage of
posidrive amongst them. I guess they're a slightly more modern design and
hence generally anathema to the American outlook on things, in the main,
though...

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:16:39 GMT, "Sorni" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>dh@. wrote:
>> I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised
>> at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:
>>
>> http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm
>> http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm
>>
>> Does anyone know of more options?

>I always shop for "Negadrive", because I just know I'm going to screw it up.

Now, that's what I call a realistically positive attitude. (I've
always made a point of answering any "you've got to think positive"
**** with something to the effect of "I'm positive that if I take your
advice, things are going to get a lot worse.")
--

Simon Cooper wrote:
I guess they're a slightly more modern design and
> hence generally anathema to the American outlook on things, in the main,
> though...

Don't make us come over there, Simon.

Both Snap-On and Mac have wonderful Pozidrive assortments. If correctly
sized and used ONLY to drive pozi screws, they have an amazingly long
life.

Snap-On (and I bet also Mac...) carries them in 1/4" drive bits for
magnetic screwdrivers too.

For those not familiar, Pozi head screws are used quite a bit, have been
for many years. However, most folk don't have a clue about them, and
just think they are poorly manufactured/fitting Phillips heads. A good
set of Pozi's will really put a big smile on your face. If you Google a
little, you will quickly find how to visually identify Pozi heads and
driver bits. Also, using Pozi only with Pozi, and Phillips only with
Phillips will make both last much longer, and produce far fewer honked
screw heads.

Erik