    Message ----- From: "Ollie Wigg" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike,aus.bicycle
    Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 12:10 PM Subject: Victorian MTB Holiday Destinations

    > The nationals have been cancled and I'm not interested in going to Eildon for the Oceana
    > championships, but I don't want to cancle my MTB holdiay,
    so
    > can anyone reccomend a good destination in Victoria (Australia). I ride a hard tail, love winding
    > single track but but also enjoy technical decents. Thanks Ollie

    Tags:

  2. Alex

    Alex Guest

    I'd recommend the otway area around Lorne!

    Nice tracks and rainforest!

  3. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    Alex <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'd recommend the otway area around Lorne!
    >
    > Nice tracks and rainforest!

    Yea the area at the back of Aireys Inlet all the way to Apollo Bay (Angahook Forest) Have some good
    walking tracks and fire roads.Grampians isn't bad either but could be pretty hot this time of year.
    Maybe the Mitchell River in Bairnsdale some good trails along the river or even Licola at the bottom
    of Alpine National Park (Baw Baw) Has a campsite and trails that travel along side the river so you
    can take a dip when it gets too hot.

  4. Ollie Wigg

    Ollie Wigg Guest

    Thanks. I've heard the Lorne Anahook state park is good. Are these tracks you mention legal to ride
    on? Ollie "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'd recommend the otway area around Lorne!
    >
    > Nice tracks and rainforest!

  5. Aaron Kearns

    Aaron Kearns Guest

    I haven't done a lot of Victoria but my best memories of a multi day ride would be around
    Daylesford, Castlemaine. Right around that area was great for me. Although it might be a little hot.
    I'm told bright is great to.

    AK

    "Ollie Wigg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks. I've heard the Lorne Anahook state park is good. Are these tracks you mention legal to
    > ride on? Ollie "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'd recommend the otway area around Lorne!
    > >
    > > Nice tracks and rainforest!

  6. Hello Ollie... :)

    I used to ride Angahook most weekends... it's not exactly legal, but we never got told off....

    "Ollie Wigg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks. I've heard the Lorne Anahook state park is good. Are these tracks you mention legal to
    > ride on? Ollie "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'd recommend the otway area around Lorne!
    > >
    > > Nice tracks and rainforest!

  7. Ollie Wigg

    Ollie Wigg Guest

    Thanks

    "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:MsN%[email protected]...
    > Hello Ollie... :)
    >
    > I used to ride Angahook most weekends... it's not exactly legal, but we never got told off....
    >

    > "Ollie Wigg" <[email protected]pam> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Thanks. I've heard the Lorne Anahook state park is good. Are these
    tracks
    > > you mention legal to ride on? Ollie "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I'd recommend the otway area around Lorne!
    > > >
    > > > Nice tracks and rainforest!

  8. Aaron Kearns

    Aaron Kearns Guest

    Where's Angahook?

    "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:MsN%[email protected]...
    > Hello Ollie... :)
    >
    > I used to ride Angahook most weekends... it's not exactly legal, but we never got told off....
    >

    > "Ollie Wigg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Thanks. I've heard the Lorne Anahook state park is good. Are these
    tracks
    > > you mention legal to ride on? Ollie "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I'd recommend the otway area around Lorne!
    > > >
    > > > Nice tracks and rainforest!

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  10. Aaron Kearns