where to put computer sensor

njroadie

Jul 23, 2004
do any of you put you computer sensor on the back tire and is there any disadvantage of doing this? I want to be able to see how I am doing while riding on my trainer inside. Please help me out, it looks like heavy rain for the next couple of days:(

njroadie said:
do any of you put you computer sensor on the back tire and is there any disadvantage of doing this? I want to be able to see how I am doing while riding on my trainer inside. Please help me out, it looks like heavy rain for the next couple of days:(
def put it on the back if it works...
but sometimes the distance is too far...
what type of comp do u have?

izzodesh said:
def put it on the back if it works...
but sometimes the distance is too far...
what type of comp do u have?
I have a cateye mity 8 but possible upgradeng to a wireless stlye comp. Any advise on a good wireless

njroadie said:
I have a cateye mity 8 but possible upgradeng to a wireless stlye comp. Any advise on a good wireless
I have mine on the rear wheel, with the sensor attached to the left chain stay. I can't see any disadvantage, and the advantage is I can use it on the trainer.

njroadie said:

If you can get it off the front I would definitely do that, especially if its wireless and you don't have to deal with ugly (and prone to fail) wires...

Much of the time the sensors go on front simply to lessen the wire run or distance for the wireless transmission.

I have a Polar S720 and it previously didn't have the range to mount the speed sensor on the rear, but I found some info (on this site :) ) about changing a jumper to increase the transmission strength of the sensor for a slight loss in battery life (worth it)
Perhaps the Cateye sensors have the same functionality if it turns out the wireless distance makes the sensor spotty...

Oh, and if you can spend a bit on a bike computer/HRM I recommend the Polar S720... I used the HAC4 from Ciclosport for a while and just found the Polar a better, easier to use, more complete unit, though they are both excellent...

Good Luck!

Feanor

Feanor said:
If you can get it off the front I would definitely do that, especially if its wireless and you don't have to deal with ugly (and prone to fail) wires...

Much of the time the sensors go on front simply to lessen the wire run or distance for the wireless transmission.

I have a Polar S720 and it previously didn't have the range to mount the speed sensor on the rear, but I found some info (on this site :) ) about changing a jumper to increase the transmission strength of the sensor for a slight loss in battery life (worth it)
Perhaps the Cateye sensors have the same functionality if it turns out the wireless distance makes the sensor spotty...

Oh, and if you can spend a bit on a bike computer/HRM I recommend the Polar S720... I used the HAC4 from Ciclosport for a while and just found the Polar a better, easier to use, more complete unit, though they are both excellent...

Good Luck!

Feanor

where did you see that, i would definatly go for that idea! :eek: