where to sell a bike carrier?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by -Lsqneil], Jan 26, 2003.

  1. -Lsqneil]

    -Lsqneil] Guest

    Hi all,

    A few months ago I bought a Saris Bones 3 bike rear-mounted carrier, which has been used probably
    twice as our new car came with a roof-mounted carrier.

    My question is, where would be the best place to sell this? I don't want to advertise it in the
    local rag as I want it to go to a "proper" cyclist and a good home... if you know what I mean!

    None of the local bike-shops seem interested in second-hand bike-carriers (who can blame them), but
    otherwise how do I target real cyclists?

    It's still been sold in Half*rds for £99.99 and is in pristine condition with instructions etc...
    I'd even deliver the bloody thing if it's near-ish! (I'm in Bradford).

    Any ideas or, even better, anyone interested?

    Cheers

    Neil

    Tags:

  2. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

  3. -Lsqneil]

    -Lsqneil] Guest

    news:[email protected]...

    http://listings.ebay.co.uk/pool1/plistings/list/all/category16169/index.html ?from=R0

    > Bob

    Nice one, cheers!

    Just one more quick question.... Is ebay ok or is it plagued by scammers, and who will deliver a
    bloody great bike carrier cheap? :)

    Neil

  4. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:13:28 -0000, "[neil]" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> eBay!

    >Just one more quick question.... Is ebay ok or is it plagued by scammers, and who will deliver a
    >bloody great bike carrier cheap? :)

    Well, there are w*nkers everywhere nowadays so no guarantees, but, I've bought and sold several
    times through eBay and always been satisfied.

    Ebay list a feedback profile for every bidder and buyer which contains comments from others who have
    transacted with that individual. This is a good way to reassure yourself.

    Of course you're in the safer position of being a seller, which means that accepted practice is for
    you to get paid before you send the goods.

    Can't help with the carrier options I'm afraid. Check with Royal Mail then ring a couple of courier
    firms I guess? Make sure you stipulate in your auction description that buyer pays for postage (this
    is the norm anyway).

    Good Luck. (I bid 50p!)

    :eek:)

    Bob