where to sell a bike carrier?

-Lsqneil]

Guest
Hi all,

A few months ago I bought a Saris Bones 3 bike rear-mounted carrier, which has been used probably
twice as our new car came with a roof-mounted carrier.

My question is, where would be the best place to sell this? I don't want to advertise it in the
local rag as I want it to go to a "proper" cyclist and a good home... if you know what I mean!

None of the local bike-shops seem interested in second-hand bike-carriers (who can blame them), but
otherwise how do I target real cyclists?

It's still been sold in Half*rds for £99.99 and is in pristine condition with instructions etc...
I'd even deliver the bloody thing if it's near-ish! (I'm in Bradford).

Any ideas or, even better, anyone interested?

Cheers

Neil

news:[email protected]...

http://listings.ebay.co.uk/pool1/plistings/list/all/category16169/index.html ?from=R0

> Bob

Nice one, cheers!

Just one more quick question.... Is ebay ok or is it plagued by scammers, and who will deliver a
bloody great bike carrier cheap? :)

Neil

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:13:28 -0000, "[neil]" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> eBay!

>Just one more quick question.... Is ebay ok or is it plagued by scammers, and who will deliver a
>bloody great bike carrier cheap? :)

Well, there are w*nkers everywhere nowadays so no guarantees, but, I've bought and sold several
times through eBay and always been satisfied.

Ebay list a feedback profile for every bidder and buyer which contains comments from others who have
transacted with that individual. This is a good way to reassure yourself.

Of course you're in the safer position of being a seller, which means that accepted practice is for
you to get paid before you send the goods.

Can't help with the carrier options I'm afraid. Check with Royal Mail then ring a couple of courier
firms I guess? Make sure you stipulate in your auction description that buyer pays for postage (this
is the norm anyway).

Good Luck. (I bid 50p!)

:eek:)

Bob