Where to sell a vintage Motobecane bikes

Daniel Ganek

Guest
I've got two vintage (circa 1977) Motobecane Super Mirages
that I'd like to sell. Both are in very good condition.

Other than eBay and rec.bicycles.marketplace is there any
other places to place ads?

/dan

Daniel Ganek wrote:

> I've got two vintage (circa 1977) Motobecane Super Mirages that I'd like to sell. Both are in very good condition.

> Other than eBay and rec.bicycles.marketplace is there any other places to place ads?

While they might be nice bikes, the cost of shipping them would be
prohibitive compared to their value.

I'd try selling them locally. You might try posting a "for sale" ad at
a local bike shop, or even a supermarket. Or place an ad in the
newspaper or bike club newsletter.

Either way, don't expect to get much for them.

Art Harris

C wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Daniel Ganek <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I've got two vintage (circa 1977) Motobecane Super Mirages
> >that I'd like to sell. Both are in very good condition.

> craigslist.org

I second the motion for craiglist - a very nice place to both buy and
sell bicycles locally, if you are in a city with an "active"
craigslist.

Later,
Mark Muller