Where to Sell my MTB???

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ryan Bates, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Ryan Bates

    Ryan Bates Guest

    Hi, I have a nice Raleigh M-80 mountain bike that I'm looking to sell on here, but didn't know if
    there's a specific place to MTB's? Is rec.bicycles.marketplace the only place??? Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 5 Nov 2003 10:10:34 -0800, Ryan Bates wrote:
    > Hi, I have a nice Raleigh M-80 mountain bike that I'm looking to sell on here, but didn't know if
    > there's a specific place to MTB's? Is rec.bicycles.marketplace the only place??? Thanks!

    I'd say e-bay. I've seen people bid ludicrous prices for things there.

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life that
    doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison Keillor

  3. Mtbscottie

    Mtbscottie Guest

    Try the classifieds at www.mtbreview.com; I've had great luck there. Start out asking high though,
    because people love to talk you down.

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 5 Nov 2003 10:10:34 -0800, Ryan Bates wrote:
    > > Hi, I have a nice Raleigh M-80 mountain bike that I'm looking to sell on here, but didn't know
    > > if there's a specific place to MTB's? Is rec.bicycles.marketplace the only place??? Thanks!
    >
    > I'd say e-bay. I've seen people bid ludicrous prices for things there.

    eBay is pretty good, but I've had better luck with MTBR.com's classified ads. I sold my old frameset
    there in about a day and a half after it had been on eBay for several days with no bids.

    Matt

  5. On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:27:24 -0700, "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> On 5 Nov 2003 10:10:34 -0800, Ryan Bates wrote:
    >> > Hi, I have a nice Raleigh M-80 mountain bike that I'm looking to sell on here, but didn't know
    >> > if there's a specific place to MTB's? Is rec.bicycles.marketplace the only place??? Thanks!
    >>
    >> I'd say e-bay. I've seen people bid ludicrous prices for things there.
    >>

    >eBay is pretty good, but I've had better luck with MTBR.com's classified ads. I sold my old
    >frameset there in about a day and a half after it had been on eBay for several days with no bids.

    I've sold one frame on MTBR, one on Ebay, and I'm currently trying to sell another frame.

    Recent experience shows much more exposure and interest from Ebay when compared to MTBR although
    it's not the greatest time of year to be selling a frame.

    pete fagerlin

    ::Revolutionary! Evolutionary! Yet so retro! :www.yestubes.com