Where to start? for me road cycling is like a giant forest

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by tdcadillac, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Yojimbo_

Yojimbo_ Active Member

Have you got a bike yet? It's almost Sept and summer will soon come to an end where I live.

2. tdcadillac

tdcadillac New Member

Hello Yojimbo, Yes I got a bike 2 weeks ago and the Kicker snap too. Here it is raining crazy lately so I decided to get the trainer sooner. I have been on the road 3 times at night after 10 pm just to have an empty road and get used to road biking. I do 30 minutes every time and will build on that in the future.
    today my first indoor ride with zwift. the trainer was silent but my crank and chain sometimes keeps jumping not sure if it is normal do I need to adjust set up of the wheel? I will try many platforms in the future but cycling is great, I just love it. Catch you soon with more questions :) have a great week

3. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

Be sure to start out knowing how to fix a flat and have all the necessary items in your saddle pack. After going around the block so to speak I recommend you only use clincher rims (not tubeless rims) and clincher tires. These are by FAR, the easiest tires to repair and replace. And Yesterday one of the stages of the Tour de France was won on a clincher with tube in it. So there's no performance loss.

After this you're going to have to get used to driving around traffic. Just follow the traffic laws and you'll soon learn the tricks.

tdcadillac likes this.
  4. Jesica Miller

Jesica Miller New Member

Hey, I needed advice on this topic as well. Thank you all the people who have written here.

tdcadillac likes this.