Where to test a bent bicyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Donnaj

Hello,

I live in the St Louis area and would like to know if there are any shops where I might be able to
test drive recumbent bicycles.

Thank you.

stlouisphile

Donnaj wrote:
>
> I live in the St Louis area and would like to know if there are any shops where I might be able to
> test drive recumbent bicycles.

There are several that say they are Vision dealers, but I know of only one shop in the area that
actually stocks recumbents: "Bike Center" on the north side of Manchester just east of I270. I
believe they have Vision and Sun EZ on the floor. I've only been in the shop once and was very put
off by his gruff attitude. I know of one guy who I talked to a lot about recumbents when he'd see me
riding my V-Rex. He ended up getting a Vision from them since he's not mechanically inclined and
wanted to buy from a local dealer. As far as I can tell he doesn't like the shop either but felt
like it was his only local option.

I've bought my last two recumbents mail order,

Rick Moll

I'm not sure about STL, but if you're ever in Chicagoland, there are several shops that have bents, and at least one shop in Arlington Heights that rents bents for the day or for the weekend.

Cheers!
Ben

>>>>Burely Canto>>>>

Originally posted by Donnaj
Hello,

I live in the St Louis area and would like to know if there are any shops where I might be able to
test drive recumbent bicycles.

Thank you.

stlouisphile

How far are you willing to travel for your test rides? Valley Bikes in Carmel, Indiana (north
side of Indianapolis) has a wideselection and was a big help for me. Then I'm only an hour or so
from there.

Mike Rice

On 31 Aug 2003 09:06:33 -0700, [email protected] (Donnaj) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I live in the St Louis area and would like to know if there are any shops where I might be able to
>test drive recumbent bicycles.
>
>Thank you.
>
>stlouisphile

"Rick Moll" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Donnaj wrote:
> >
> > I live in the St Louis area and would like to know if there are any shops where I might be able
> > to test drive recumbent bicycles.
>
> There are several that say they are Vision dealers, but I know of only one shop in the area that
> actually stocks recumbents: "Bike Center" on the north side of Manchester just east of I270. I
> believe they have Vision and Sun EZ on the floor. I've only been in the shop once and was very put
> off by his gruff attitude. I know of one guy who I talked to a lot about recumbents when he'd see
> me riding my V-Rex. He ended up getting a Vision from them since he's not mechanically inclined
> and wanted to buy from a local dealer. As far as I can tell he doesn't like the shop either but
> felt like it was his only local option.
>
> I've bought my last two recumbents mail order,
>
> Rick Moll
>
Its not exactley close but you live 200 mi closer then I do. The best place I have found to try
out a vast majority of bents is the Hostel shop in Stevens point Wis. A 3 day weekend would do
it. Just a thought.

Bill Marsh

There are 2 bents dealers in Spfld.,IL R&M cycle and Bike Tek ,they carry a pretty good supply of
bikes. I just bought my Corsa from Bike Tek ,he is dealing this time of year. Ben fox "Donnaj"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello,
>
> I live in the St Louis area and would like to know if there are any shops where I might be able to
>
> Thank you.
>
> stlouisphile

Bill and friends,

The Harley riders just got together again in Milwaukee for their annual celebration. What about a bent celebration in Steven's Point?

We could all ride in a parade in downtown. We could sport leather jackets with our bike club patches on the back. We could guzzle beer. And got to bed at 6:30 pm when they roll up the streets in Steven's Point!

And . . . we could try out all the new bents!!!!

Who's with me?

Ben
>>>>>Burley Canto>>>>>

Well not just yet, but I am opening a store in Maryville, Ill (near Collinsville) on 1 Nov. Bents,
Tandems and Trikes. Don't want to turn this into an ad on the newsgroup, so drop me a line if your
interested.

Dean Wright [email protected]

"Donnaj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello,
>
>
> Thank you.
>
> stlouisphile

Ben <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
> The Harley riders just got together again in Milwaukee for their annual celebration. What about a
> bent celebration in Steven's Point?
>
> We could all ride in a parade in downtown. We could sport leather jackets with our bike club
> patches on the back. We could guzzle beer. And got to bed at 6:30 pm when they roll up the streets
> in Steven's Point!
>
> And . . . we could try out all the new bents!!!!
>
> Who's with me?
>
Yeah, and we could call it the "Midwest Recumbent Rally."
http://www.hostelshoppe.com/recumbent_rally.php

Status
Not open for further replies.