Where to train during December / January in southern US?

BergHugi

Dec 4, 2006
Hallo,

My wife and I are passionate cyclists from Germany. We will stay in Canada during the up coming winter. We would like to escape the cold winter in Montreal and have a cycling training camp in southern USA from 21st December 2007 to 2nd January 2008. From the climate information I got the areas around San Diego, Phoenix are San Antonio would be ok.

What regions in the USA would you recommend? Could you give us some contacts where we can rent road cycles and organize the training camp by our own or where we can participate on an organized training camp?

Many thanks

BergHügi said:
Hallo,

My wife and I are passionate cyclists from Germany. We will stay in Canada during the up coming winter. We would like to escape the cold winter in Montreal and have a cycling training camp in southern USA from 21st December 2007 to 2nd January 2008. From the climate information I got the areas around San Diego, Phoenix are San Antonio would be ok.

What regions in the USA would you recommend? Could you give us some contacts where we can rent road cycles and organize the training camp by our own or where we can participate on an organized training camp?

Many thanks
Clermont, Florida.
30 minutes from downtown Orlando.
Lots of short power climbs.
National training center there for endurance athletes.
weather 70's F in the daytime (21-24C) // 50's F in the morning (10-14C)
Lots of good roads, lots of cyclists.