Where was everyone at Tour Presentation?

> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:25:39 -0800, Frank Drackman wrote:
>> There is no Worlds Points Jersey.

> Yes there is. Peter Schep, who just won the Amsterdam Six with Danny
> Stam and is currently leading the Grenoble Six after 4 nights with
> Jens Mouris, holds it.

Did Slippens retire?

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> Did Slippens retire?

Big accident during road race, broken leg iirc.

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Big accident during road race, broken leg iirc.

Not quite! From http://www.slippensstam.nl/nieuws.php?id=71

Tue 29 Aug 2006, "Schaal Sels" classic, Merksem, Belgium. Slippens was
forced off the road but still on his bike. When he jumped back, there
happened to be a post right there in the gutter. Ten broken ribs,
collarbone in 4 pieces, and a collapsed lung. Had to remain in the IC
for quite a while.
Sep 4, his wife gave birth to his daughter when Robert was still in the IC.
Sep 12, Robert posts a message to his website from the hospital.
Oct 16, Robert shot the starting pistol at the opening of the Amsterdam
Six. He has had a few physio therapy sessions by now.

--
E. Dronkert

In article <[email protected]>,
Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > Big accident during road race, broken leg iirc.

> Not quite! From http://www.slippensstam.nl/nieuws.php?id=71
>
> Tue 29 Aug 2006, "Schaal Sels" classic, Merksem, Belgium. Slippens was
> forced off the road but still on his bike. When he jumped back, there
> happened to be a post right there in the gutter. Ten broken ribs,
> collarbone in 4 pieces, and a collapsed lung. Had to remain in the IC
> for quite a while.

Holy ****, that's a lot of broken bones. Certainly more than Nelissen broke when
doing essentially the same thing (hitting a post), but I'd bet Slippens makes it
back to successfully racing.

--
tanx,
Howard