Where Was Fred C Last Week?

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
Yes, Fred would have been in his element if he'd been around here last week. Cyclists simply took over the roads during a mass bike ride for charity, attracting roadies from all over the country.
I've never seen so many cyclists and so many roadbikes. Many of them were taking off from Brian Rourkes from around 8.00 in the morning.
So, I had an amusing time watching the riders and taking note of the bikes. There were more Cannondales out than any other brand name I figured. Quite a few Trek. Several Bianchi and Pinarello. I was also surprised to see quite a few Giant models a la Jan Ullrich and T Mobile.
I only saw a couple of Scott and Claud Butler - the bikes I ride. No Carreras either.
But get this: How come so many of the cyclists sported a pot belly and spindling legs?
How come I only saw one black rider and very few females?

My bet is he may well have been there. Fred seems to be involved in the U.K. cycling scene and knows the Rourke people quite well so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been there on the day.
Honestly, I've never seen so many road bike cyclists out at one time and there were car-drivers cursing and shaking their fists, stuck in queues as the cyclists weaved in and out between them.
The cyclists congregated from all over the country to take part. There were some nice bikes to admire.

MountainPro said:
i thought you said FredC wasn't there...?