Whereabouts of Peter Ouellette?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by pristau, Oct 8, 2003.

1. pristau

pristau New Member

Back in 1983, Peter Ouellette had a custom frame shop in East Longmeadow, MA USA called Ouelette Cycles. His specialty was custom racing frames with fancy lugwork. He competed very favorably with Serotta and others of that era.

I'm asking if anyone knows his whereabouts. He built me a custom frame back then which is still my daily trainer. Nostaglia and appreciation have sent me on this quest.

Tags:

2. Sidi

Sidi New Member

Tough search.
    I gooled this and a few others but came up with nothing.
    NOTHING. How depressing.
    I am not the most savy but i tried because i was interested cause i live in New Hampshire.

3. pristau

pristau New Member

Yeah, no luck here either. Thanks for trying. I hope to find him. Interestingly, a couple of guys in my local cycling club remember him from trade shows, etc., but no one knows his whereabouts.

I was able to design the lugs for my frame, which he beautifully rendered. Don't find many builders willing to work like that any more.

Regards

4. mrm8g

mrm8g New Member

I was looking for information on my doctor, Peter Ouellette, MD, and I arrived at this page. I live in Washington, DC; Dr. Ouellette is apparently from New England and is probably around 50 years old today. Could it be the same person? If so, he's moved on from fixing bicycles to fixing people...