Where'd everybody go?

I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
places to ride. All gone? What happened here?

DTW

[email protected] wrote:
> I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
> There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
> places to ride. All gone? What happened here?
>
> DTW

Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
still here but it seems many have moved on.
Spokejunkies has a few old regulars, and I imagine MTBR got some too.

Matt

On Apr 29, 3:17 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>         I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
> There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
> places to ride.   All gone?  What happened here?
>
> DTW

They left because they don't like me.

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
> > I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
> > There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
> > places to ride. All gone? What happened here?

> Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
> still here but it seems many have moved on.
> Spokejunkies has a few old regulars, and I imagine MTBR got some too.

Greetings, I am new to the group, but have just been lurking for a few days.
The group is Troll infested.
But I am just getting back into mountain biking now, as my youngest child
(age 11) is now at the age I
can take him across the easier North Vancouver trails. So I am looking for a
community to talk
mountain biking with. What is Spokejunkies and MTBR? And are there still
mountain biking regulars here?

Danny Aldham

LIBERATOR wrote:
> On Apr 29, 3:17 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>> I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
>> There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
>> places to ride. All gone? What happened here?
>>
>> DTW

> They left because they don't like me.

I'm not at all surprised...

--

My blog - http://degeneratemoo.livejournal.com

On Apr 30, 9:48 am, Moo <[email protected]>
wrote:
> LIBERATOR wrote:
> > On Apr 29, 3:17 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> >>         I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
> >> There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
> >> places to ride.   All gone?  What happened here?

> >> DTW

> > They left because they don't like me.

> I'm not at all surprised...

You just shaddap...! u fred...!

On Apr 29, 6:29 pm, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
> still here but it seems many have moved on.
> Spokejunkies has a few old regulars, and I imagine MTBR got some too.

I still check back with reasonable regularity, but there hasn't been
much going on besides Libby ranting to an empty house. There's not
much motivation to post when it's not clear that more than one or two
die-hards are going to even see it. FWIW, I have never really liked
web-based forums: Usenet, despite its age, is still technically far
superior to any web forum I have seen.

Last one out, turn out the lights.

CC

PS: Matt, I'm not sure if I will be swinging through your neck of the
woods. I'm pretty much settled on hitting Tabeguache when I'm out in
CO, despite the Freak's misgivings about towing a load on my old
Fisher frame. I'll get in touch out of band.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:17:01 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

> I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
>There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
>places to ride. All gone? What happened here?

You are only allowed to talk about ME in this newsgroup. Shame on you.

>DTW

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:07:26 GMT, "Danny Aldham" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] wrote:
>> > I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
>> > There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
>> > places to ride. All gone? What happened here?

>> Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
>> still here but it seems many have moved on.
>> Spokejunkies has a few old regulars, and I imagine MTBR got some too.

>Greetings, I am new to the group, but have just been lurking for a few days.
>The group is Troll infested.
>But I am just getting back into mountain biking now, as my youngest child
>(age 11) is now at the age I
>can take him across the easier North Vancouver trails. So I am looking for a
>community to talk
>mountain biking with. What is Spokejunkies and MTBR? And are there still
>mountain biking regulars here?

No, you are only allowed to talk about ME here. Obviously.

[email protected] wrote:
> I've been away for a while and nothings the same in this NG.
> There used to be ride reports, hints and tips for repairs, bikes,
> places to ride. All gone? What happened here?

We got cross posters. Thats what.

Years ago we learned to killfile posts from The troll.
That helped us to killfile the morons who tried to take him on.
We could even killfile the posts from the emotionally stunted.

What we've not been able to do so far is to killfile cross posting on a .alt Group
- unless you know a way to do that.

On May 1, 8:43 am, Corvus Corvax <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 29, 6:29 pm, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
> > still here but it seems many have moved on.
> > Spokejunkies has a few old regulars, and I imagine MTBR got some too.

> I still check back with reasonable regularity, but there hasn't been
> much going on besides Libby ranting to an empty house. There's not
> much motivation to post when it's not clear that more than one or two
> die-hards are going to even see it. FWIW, I have never really liked
> web-based forums: Usenet, despite its age, is still technically far
> superior to any web forum I have seen.
>
> Last one out, turn out the lights.
>
> CC
>
> PS: Matt, I'm not sure if I will be swinging through your neck of the
> woods. I'm pretty much settled on hitting Tabeguache when I'm out in
> CO, despite the Freak's misgivings about towing a load on my old
> Fisher frame. I'll get in touch out of band.

GIMMEE YOU BIKE!!!

On May 1, 8:43 am, Corvus Corvax <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 29, 6:29 pm, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
> > still here but it seems many have moved on.
> > Spokejunkies has a few old regulars, and I imagine MTBR got some too.

> I still check back with reasonable regularity, but there hasn't been
> much going on besides Libby ranting to an empty house. There's not
> much motivation to post when it's not clear that more than one or two
> die-hards are going to even see it. FWIW, I have never really liked
> web-based forums: Usenet, despite its age, is still technically far
> superior to any web forum I have seen.
>
> Last one out, turn out the lights.
>
> CC
>
> PS: Matt, I'm not sure if I will be swinging through your neck of the
> woods. I'm pretty much settled on hitting Tabeguache when I'm out in
> CO, despite the Freak's misgivings about towing a load on my old
> Fisher frame. I'll get in touch out of band.

GIMMEE YOU BIKE!!!

I left because I left the bike industry completely. Except for a couple
errands while my car was in the shop, I didn't even ride ANYTHING for a year
after International Bicycle closed down.

I miss the days of the AM-Bar!