Where'd everyone go?

cyclintom

Jan 15, 2011
There appears to be only two others that are constantly posting.

Froze is upset because I have a lot of cop friends including my best friend who was an NCIS group leader and transferred to being a Federal Investigator to get a posting back in the USA, my cousin the prison guard at San Quinton, and a second cousin that is just retired as the Chief of Police of a Silicon Valley city. So I know what cops are supposed to do and what they're protocols are supposed to be. If a cop gets himself killed doing the wrong thing and this leads to more people getting killed by a mass murderer, according to Froze you aren't suppose to criticize the murdered cop who had plenty of opportunity to do the right thing. This sort of thing is pretty ridiculous coming from a man with no experience with law enforcement.

PansyBob is a lunatic pure and simple. The more he talks you can see the less he knows about anything.

So why don't you people that are actually bicycling aficionados do some real conversations here? The entire reason for these forums is the exchange of ideas and not the thoughts of PansyBob and Froze thinking they are here to insult others.

The entire reason for these forums is the exchange of ideas

Your 'ideas' are idiotic. Or they're just flat out lies.

The exchange rate for idiotic ideas is currently...zero.

If you post stupid **** and lies that's the price you're paid.

Nothing personal as I don't know you from Adam, but you're a pathological liar and a dumbass.

Comprende? Or did I use words that were too big for you?

There appears to be only two others that are constantly posting.

So why don't you people that are actually bicycling aficionados..

I don't know if I qualify for being a "bicycling aficionado".
Have no idea what that'd take.
Don't know if I wan't to be a "bicycling aficionado".
If that means being a willing participant in the silliness that has dominated the activity on this forum lately, I'd rather not be.
So why don't you people..do some real conversations here?

Fear of "guilt by association".
The ridiculous, below-sandbox level of name calling, "my daddy can beat your daddy" type of drivel being posted here in amazing volume is making us - well, me at least, keep our distance.

Now you can all add "forum killer" to your CVs.

Was your pissing contest really worth it?

I don't know if I qualify for being a "bicycling aficionado".
Have no idea what that'd take.
Don't know if I wan't to be a "bicycling aficionado".
If that means being a willing participant in the silliness that has dominated the activity on this forum lately, I'd rather not be.

Fear of "guilt by association".
The ridiculous, below-sandbox level of name calling, "my daddy can beat your daddy" type of drivel being posted here in amazing volume is making us - well, me at least, keep our distance.

Now you can all add "forum killer" to your CVs.

Was your pissing contest really worth it?
Perhaps you didn't notice that every time I started a new thread that those two would enter insults. Something as interesting as how to use Tubeless tires resulted in posting after posting from PansyBob saying that they are useless and that no one uses them and that the only tires to use are tubulars when you can simply look on craigslist or Ebay and see people who followed advice like that are selling them off mere weeks after they get them.

Half of ALL of the new racing tires now are tubeless and they are now rated with the lowest rolling resistance of any tire by a wide margin. But to PansyBob no one with any sense would use them.

In any case please don't point fingers at me for telling him what I think of him for his purposely trying to be the center of the attention rather than a participant.

In any case please don't point fingers at me for telling him what I think of him for his purposely trying to be the center of the attention rather than a participant.
Whenever a discussion between (presumed) adults degrades into mutual name calling, ALL involved have lost. There is NO moral high ground to claim anymore.
Your actions are sustaining the dispute as well. You’re feeding the troll.

Whenever a discussion between (presumed) adults degrades into mutual name calling, ALL involved have lost. There is NO moral high ground to claim anymore.
Your actions are sustaining the dispute as well. You’re feeding the troll.
If you look at the lists you will see that I started 15 of the last 20 threads. Does that sound like I'm not attempting to use the forum for what it's for? And after every single entry stupid and his brother do nothing useful but think the thing is to attack me. Froze is old enough to know better but PansyBob cannot have any forum in which he isn't the center of attention.

I attempted to totaling ignore him by opening new discussions and not only did he do exactly the same thing on those subjects but continues to post multiple times on the others. He says you can't trust "chicomm" wheels despite the fact that they build EVERYONE'S carbon wheels. You need only look at the "tubeless" step and the "aero outline" to see they are the same rims.

I asked the several moderators to stop him in whatever manner they chose to use, but that had no effect. I think that one of the moderators even bailed because of Mr. Has-to-be-the-center-of-attention. I even got an email to my private address from someone claiming to be one of those followers of PansyBob that said I shouldn't allow him to chase people away. Now the only one that could get that would have been one of the moderators don't you think?

So I ceased not-responding to him and the effect it has had is for him to make 100 times more outrageous claims. Titanium bikes are too flexible? They have the same strength to density as steel and just like steel the only way to make them flexible is to make them too light.

He posted that he had some preposterous number of miles and feet of climbing. This was ALL done on his video game. Then he showed a page of that video game that had numbers on it that showed that all of the readings were WAY off. I think that it was five pacelineing riders. The numbers showed that the average power at 18 mph was 350 watts or some such. It also showed that the "lead" rider had to put out between 400 and 1200 watts. Can anyone suggest how you can simulate real climbing on an exercycle? PansyBob published, what, 6 or seven pages of pro riders that use these exercycles as "proof" that you can. Note that all these people do is use an exercycle in the winter when they can't really ride. But that nutjob thinks that what he is doing is real.

Using time, weight and speed of bike and headwind going 20 mph average and using Steve Gribbles calculator I only generated 300 watts average. So not only is he saying I can't do that but he is showing a much slower average speed into NO headwind and on a flat surface to be much higher power. And pacelining to need a lower average power!

In Phoenix many people use exercycles in the summertime if they can't get up at sunrise to get in 30 or 40 miles. When I went down there we found one of the only two or three "climbs" which were only about a quarter of a mile long. I was held up at the bottom talking to the SAG driver and they were half way up when I started. I closed up so fast on them it was shocking. None of those people, using the same damn thing that PansyBob uses could even begin to climb. And at the time I was climbing pretty slow.

If YOU want the forum to be good you have to post too so that there is really something to react to instead of PansyBob and his lover who wants to ride a tandem with him. Neither of these people even know why tandems only get good performance from very few people. They almost always end up one guy pulling the other because they both have different normal riding cadences and it only takes a couple of RPM differences before they actually go slower than a single if you're going any distances and I've never seen any tandem pair stay with singles on real climbs. My wife and I had such a huge difference that she took the SAG back on one 80 miler and I was actually faster alone on the tandem.

In any case - if you do not put in your opinions there is nothing more to do than to flatten the PansyGoose. If you ignore him and Froze so will I.

OMFGWBBQ!

This has got to be the best Rage Rant ever!

Dumbass, you claimed to make SIX HUNDRED WATTS FOR ONE HOUR!!!!

Repeatedly!

THEN, you lied some more and claimed the average vet could hold EIGHT HUNDRED WATTS FOR AN HOUR!

And NO! You can NOT produce 300 Watts for an hour. You're delusional. Period.

Now, man up apologize for lying.

If you look at the lists you will see that I started 15 of the last 20 threads. Does that sound like I'm not attempting to use the forum for what it's for? And after every single entry stupid and his brother do nothing useful but think the thing is to attack me. Froze is old enough to know better but PansyBob cannot have any forum in which he isn't the center of attention.

I attempted to totaling ignore him by opening new discussions and not only did he do exactly the same thing on those subjects but continues to post multiple times on the others. He says you can't trust "chicomm" wheels despite the fact that they build EVERYONE'S carbon wheels. You need only look at the "tubeless" step and the "aero outline" to see they are the same rims.

I asked the several moderators to stop him in whatever manner they chose to use, but that had no effect. I think that one of the moderators even bailed because of Mr. Has-to-be-the-center-of-attention. I even got an email to my private address from someone claiming to be one of those followers of PansyBob that said I shouldn't allow him to chase people away. Now the only one that could get that would have been one of the moderators don't you think?

So I ceased not-responding to him and the effect it has had is for him to make 100 times more outrageous claims. Titanium bikes are too flexible? They have the same strength to density as steel and just like steel the only way to make them flexible is to make them too light.

He posted that he had some preposterous number of miles and feet of climbing. This was ALL done on his video game. Then he showed a page of that video game that had numbers on it that showed that all of the readings were WAY off. I think that it was five pacelineing riders. The numbers showed that the average power at 18 mph was 350 watts or some such. It also showed that the "lead" rider had to put out between 400 and 1200 watts. Can anyone suggest how you can simulate real climbing on an exercycle? PansyBob published, what, 6 or seven pages of pro riders that use these exercycles as "proof" that you can. Note that all these people do is use an exercycle in the winter when they can't really ride. But that nutjob thinks that what he is doing is real.

Using time, weight and speed of bike and headwind going 20 mph average and using Steve Gribbles calculator I only generated 300 watts average. So not only is he saying I can't do that but he is showing a much slower average speed into NO headwind and on a flat surface to be much higher power. And pacelining to need a lower average power!

In Phoenix many people use exercycles in the summertime if they can't get up at sunrise to get in 30 or 40 miles. When I went down there we found one of the only two or three "climbs" which were only about a quarter of a mile long. I was held up at the bottom talking to the SAG driver and they were half way up when I started. I closed up so fast on them it was shocking. None of those people, using the same damn thing that PansyBob uses could even begin to climb. And at the time I was climbing pretty slow.

If YOU want the forum to be good you have to post too so that there is really something to react to instead of PansyBob and his lover who wants to ride a tandem with him. Neither of these people even know why tandems only get good performance from very few people. They almost always end up one guy pulling the other because they both have different normal riding cadences and it only takes a couple of RPM differences before they actually go slower than a single if you're going any distances and I've never seen any tandem pair stay with singles on real climbs. My wife and I had such a huge difference that she took the SAG back on one 80 miler and I was actually faster alone on the tandem.

In any case - if you do not put in your opinions there is nothing more to do than to flatten the PansyGoose. If you ignore him and Froze so will I.
I - DON'T- CARE.
You're mud wrestling with a pig, and the pig likes it.
Even if you "win" - and I use that word loosely - you'll come out just as dirty.
Image URL (for hotlinking/embedding): https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

As far as I can tell I am the only active moderator here. If anyone else beside Bob and or Tom complains I will take action, otherwise I figured I would let the hostilities die a slow death besides the banter seems to fit todays general political and social climate perfectly.

Well, my cousin said more or less the same thing as dabac only he gave some pretty good reasons why the opposition would be that way. So I will take his and dabac's advice and totally cease responding to that other guy.

I figured I would let the hostilities die a slow death besides the banter seems to fit todays general political and social climate perfectly.

LOL!

Weird thing is, Froze, myself and tommy all appear to be staunch conservatives. However, I draw the line at 74-year old crazoids that make insane claims.

Right at 32 degrees here JH. Roads are seriously pre-salted and have been since last Friday. Sleet and **** is moving in overnight and this will be the final road ride of the week I'm guessing.

LOL!

Weird thing is, Froze, myself and tommy all appear to be staunch conservatives. However, I draw the line at 74-year old crazoids that make insane claims.

Right at 32 degrees here JH. Roads are seriously pre-salted and have been since last Friday. Sleet and **** is moving in overnight and this will be the final road ride of the week I'm guessing.

I been on the trainer lately. Can't afford to get injured right now but it rains almost ever day anyway.

It's been a year of mixing it up on the road and the trainer. That unending cold, snowy Winter and then the cool, wet Summer had the trainer miles paying off. My form was never wanting anything more the edge honed. And frankly, it never really got race hot. Only close.

Standing back and looking at everything I would like to blame some of it on the training routine. I had 7 days off the bike so far this year. The training blocks were mostly solid work but building phases were lacking.

The bright side was no serious injuries or illnesses! So, all in all it's been a great year if not an epic one.

The hand warmer chem packs got used for the first time, this afternoon. I froze my hands yesterday despite glove liners and those pathetic 3-finger Specialized mitts I bought a couple years ago. Chem packs in the shoe covers and inside the glove liners do the trick.

cyclingTom you have single handedly made people on this forum that have been here a long time leave. No one wants hear your ****, your misinformation, your insane manifestos, your lies. Not sure when the moderator will catch on but if he doesn't this site will have to close, and that will be on your head...err, shoulders because you don't have a head.

It's been a year of mixing it up on the road and the trainer. That unending cold, snowy Winter and then the cool, wet Summer had the trainer miles paying off. My form was never wanting anything more the edge honed. And frankly, it never really got race hot. Only close.

Standing back and looking at everything I would like to blame some of it on the training routine. I had 7 days off the bike so far this year. The training blocks were mostly solid work but building phases were lacking.

The bright side was no serious injuries or illnesses! So, all in all it's been a great year if not an epic one.

The hand warmer chem packs got used for the first time, this afternoon. I froze my hands yesterday despite glove liners and those pathetic 3-finger Specialized mitts I bought a couple years ago. Chem packs in the shoe covers and inside the glove liners do the trick.

Lots of personal issues for me. It has not been a great year overall but I just have to suck it up and push through. It can always be worse. Big birthday for me today, a milestone age achieved.

Lots of personal issues for me. It has not been a great year overall but I just have to suck it up and push through. It can always be worse. Big birthday for me today, a milestone age achieved.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I hope you have a fantastic day with your family.

What's your milestone age? or is that private?

Big birthday for me today, a milestone age achieved.

21! Congratulations!

You're going to catch me at the rate you're going!

I still remember the post about your brother. That, alone, would make it a rough year.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I hope you have a fantastic day with your family.

What's your milestone age? or is that private?

Retirement age although I will probably work pt for a while. Thank you.