Wherefore to get a cheap dayglo jacket?



Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Calwell

Guest
Hello hello,

I have finally managed to get the g/f on a bicycle. However, I am bemused at the cost of dayglo
jackets, none of which seem to be cheaper than £30. Where can I get her one at a reasonable price?

Any suggestion gratefully recieved.

Michael
 
W

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
Try

http://www.ctcshop.co.uk/

& go to waterproofs.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Clean up the waste & get rid of the trapped wind to send a reply

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~
 
B

Bob Flemming

Guest
On 25 May 2003 10:54:27 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>Try
>
>http://www.ctcshop.co.uk/
>

You know I was looking at this site the other day and saw that the 'Lumotec Round Plus' <the front
light I use, the one wioth the stand
light> was 34 quid, as opposed to 20 Euro <say 14 quid + cheap postage
too> from the German site http://www.bicycles.de !!!!!!

I bought my Shimano hub dynamo from there too <thanks to this
newsgroup> for 51 euro as opposed to 50 quid over here!

Economics is not my game, but boy, it's hardly an incentive to purchase in this country is it??

(Sorry bit off topic for the thread....rant over :- )

bob
 
A

Andy Dingley

Guest
On Sun, 25 May 2003 10:21:50 +0000 (UTC), Michael Calwell <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am bemused at the cost of dayglo jackets, none of which seem to be cheaper than £30.

Waterproof jackets or over-waistcoats ?

www.avrohouse.co.uk can be very cheap for waistcoats (weird shop
- they're a surplus dealer for airlines and airports - all sorts of weird stuff pops up)
 
T

Tim S

Guest
"Michael Calwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BAF657CD.E4FF%[email protected]...
> Hello hello,
>
> I have finally managed to get the g/f on a bicycle. However, I am bemused
at
> the cost of dayglo jackets, none of which seem to be cheaper than £30.
Where
> can I get her one at a reasonable price?
>
> Any suggestion gratefully recieved.
>
> Michael
>

Been looking this upm myself recently - in work they allow us peons to order from one of the stores
suppliers (Buck & Hickman I think) and afaik they have reflective waistcoat type thingies for about
£8 - I was meaning to ask if this was a good price, but obviously it is . . .

Tim S
 
J

John B

Guest
Tim S wrote:

> "Michael Calwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:BAF657CD.E4FF%[email protected]...
> > Hello hello,
> >
> > I have finally managed to get the g/f on a bicycle. However, I am bemused
> at
> > the cost of dayglo jackets, none of which seem to be cheaper than £30.
> Where
> > can I get her one at a reasonable price?
> >
> > Any suggestion gratefully recieved.
> >
> > Michael
> >
>
> Been looking this upm myself recently - in work they allow us peons to order from one of the
> stores suppliers (Buck & Hickman I think) and afaik they have reflective waistcoat type thingies
> for about £8 - I was meaning to ask if this was a good price, but obviously it is . . .

Hampshire CC's Road safety shop has reflective waistcoats at just £5.00

http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/RoadSafetyOnline/products/product-69729.stm

Excellent value. They also do a range for children for just £4.00 in various colours.

John B
 
R

Rg

Guest
"Michael Calwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BAF657CD.E4FF%[email protected]...
> Hello hello,
>
> I have finally managed to get the g/f on a bicycle. However, I am bemused
at
> the cost of dayglo jackets, none of which seem to be cheaper than £30.
Where
> can I get her one at a reasonable price?
>
> Any suggestion gratefully recieved.
>
> Michael
>

Why not buy one from cycling charity Sustrans and help the cause ... go to
http://www.sustransshop.co.uk/ and look in the Retail Goods area (site says they are out of stock
but I believe they are available now)

RG
 
A

Alun Roberts

Guest
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C322DE.C9D5EC30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Why a jacket?
=20
If the main reason is to be highly visible a 'builder's type' = waistcoat slipped over a
cycling jacket works. Also can be worn summer = and winter. I got mine from a construction
worker for a pint. up my = local.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C322DE.C9D5EC30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-1252"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Why a jacket?</FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT size=3D2> </FONT></DIV>
<DVI><FONT size=3D2> If = the main=20 reason is to be
highly visible a 'builder's type' waistcoat = slipped over a=20 cycling jacket works.
Also can be worn summer and winter. I got mine = from a=20 construction worker for a pint. up
my local. </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C322DE.C9D5EC30--
 
M

Mike Gayler

Guest
Andy Dingley <[email protected]> writed in news:[email protected]:

> On Sun, 25 May 2003 10:21:50 +0000 (UTC), Michael Calwell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I am bemused at the cost of dayglo jackets, none of which seem to be cheaper than £30.
>
> Waterproof jackets or over-waistcoats ?
>
> www.avrohouse.co.uk can be very cheap for waistcoats (weird shop
> - they're a surplus dealer for airlines and airports - all sorts of weird stuff pops up)
>
>
If you're in the Nottingham area then Anchor Surplus on the Nottingham 'Cattle Market' site have ex
police & MoD reflective jackets (or have had every time I've been in there)

Mike Leicester
 
T

Tim S

Guest
"John B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Tim S wrote:
>
> > "Michael Calwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:BAF657CD.E4FF%[email protected]...
> > > Hello hello,
> > >
> > > I have finally managed to get the g/f on a bicycle. However, I am
bemused
> > at
> > > the cost of dayglo jackets, none of which seem to be cheaper than £30.
> > Where
> > > can I get her one at a reasonable price?
> > >
> > > Any suggestion gratefully recieved.
> > >
> > > Michael
> > >
> >
> > Been looking this upm myself recently - in work they allow us peons to order from one of the
> > stores suppliers (Buck & Hickman I think) and
afaik
> > they have reflective waistcoat type thingies for about £8 - I was
meaning to
> > ask if this was a good price, but obviously it is . . .
>
> Hampshire CC's Road safety shop has reflective waistcoats at just £5.00
>
>
http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/RoadSafetyOnline/products/product-69729.stm
>
> Excellent value. They also do a range for children for just £4.00 in various colours.
>
> John B
>

Excellent, bought a waistcoat and a new puncture kit, thanks for that.

Tim S
 
D

Dave

Guest
"Michael Calwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BAF657CD.E4FF%[email protected]...
> Hello hello,
>
> I have finally managed to get the g/f on a bicycle. However, I am bemused
at
> the cost of dayglo jackets, none of which seem to be cheaper than £30.
Where
> can I get her one at a reasonable price?
>
> Any suggestion gratefully recieved.
>
> Michael
>
Our local JB Sport in Walsall has Ron Hill fluorescent cycling jackets for £20. These have airated
<s?> armpits (black nylon netting stuff), three pockets across back, ickle tiny reflective material
triangle in middle of back, hood in collar. I find this is better than my reflective/ fluorescent
'safety' waistcoat because it means my arms are highly visible when I signal ;-), always a bonus.
cheers, Dave.
 
S

Stephen \

Guest
"Michael Calwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BAF657CD.E4FF%[email protected]...
> Hello hello,
>
> I have finally managed to get the g/f on a bicycle. However, I am bemused
at
> the cost of dayglo jackets, none of which seem to be cheaper than £30.
Where
> can I get her one at a reasonable price?
>
> Any suggestion gratefully recieved.
>
> Michael

www.cpc.co.uk have mesh ones for about £5. Nice and lightweight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.