Where's best location for bicycling

-
> Where's best location for bicycling

Where the dogs are properly on their respective leashes and squirrels
are up in the trees, away from buses, trucks and bat-wielding
rednecks.

Start here:
http://www.bikely.com/

fill in the field next to "Find a route near" and hit "Search".

There are other such sites, such as:

http://www.routeslip.com/

-bdbafh

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] writes:

> Where's best location for bicycling

Inside a posh shopping mall patrolled by half-hearted &
jaded-by-life security personnel wearing those yellow
jackets supplied by the temp labour agency from whence
they come, and customed by little old ladies in fur coats.

The best reason/destination for bicycling is to pick up
your paycheque.

Among the worst locations are underground parking lots.
<cough, cough>

But above-ground multi-level parking lots can be good.
Especially when going from top to bottom, and squeezing
past/shooting through the end of the ticket kiosk gate
when it's down.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> > Where's best location for bicycling

> Inside a posh shopping mall patrolled by half-hearted &
> jaded-by-life security personnel wearing those yellow
> jackets supplied by the temp labour agency from whence
> they come, and customed by little old ladies in fur coats.

Oakridge, eh?

> The best reason/destination for bicycling is to pick up
> your paycheque.
>
> Among the worst locations are underground parking lots.
> <cough, cough>
>
> But above-ground multi-level parking lots can be good.
> Especially when going from top to bottom, and squeezing
> past/shooting through the end of the ticket kiosk gate
> when it's down.

Don't. You'll give the alleycatters ideas. Amusing ideas!

Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
> wrote:
>
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> [email protected] writes:
>>
>> > Where's best location for bicycling

>> Inside a posh shopping mall patrolled by half-hearted &
>> jaded-by-life security personnel wearing those yellow
>> jackets supplied by the temp labour agency from whence
>> they come, and customed by little old ladies in fur coats.

> Oakridge, eh?

I guess that'll do. But I was picturing that swanky one
with the slippery marble/porphyry floor and indoor fountain,
in West Van.

I don't wanna diss Oakridge just yet. They've got a
Godiva's Chocolate in there. And then there's
Murchie's Tea. Those are Oakridge's only redeeming
qualities.

Period.

Can't nuke Sodom & Gommorah when there's a couple of
righteous people living in there, either.

Even if there's a strong temptation to.

cheers,
Tom

--

[email protected] (Tom Keats) writes:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:
>> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
>> wrote:

>>> Inside a posh shopping mall patrolled by half-hearted &
>>> jaded-by-life security personnel wearing those yellow
>>> jackets supplied by the temp labour agency from whence
>>> they come, and customed by little old ladies in fur coats.

>> Oakridge, eh?

> I guess that'll do. But I was picturing that swanky one
> with the slippery marble/porphyry floor and indoor fountain,
> in West Van.
>
> I don't wanna diss Oakridge just yet. They've got a
> Godiva's Chocolate in there. And then there's
> Murchie's Tea. Those are Oakridge's only redeeming
> qualities.
>
> Period.
>
> Can't nuke Sodom & Gommorah when there's a couple of
> righteous people living in there, either.
>
> Even if there's a strong temptation to.

> cheers,
> Tom

Y'know what? I've been so thoroughly killfiled here
that although I still have good stuff to say, nobody
wants to hear it.

So, aDios amigo. My welcome is worn out here.

There's too much ******** razmatazz going on
here anyways.

This ng is like bike computers -- something
to grow out of.

Keep on ridin'.

Hasta la chingada vista,
Tomaso

That's ********! Errr, I mean, "Please don't think that."

> So, aDios amigo. My welcome is worn out here.

Whatchoo talkin' about Willis? Who would killfile you?

> There's too much ******** razmatazz going on
> here anyways.

Potty mouth.

> ... ng is like bike computers -- something
> to grow out of.

Peter Pan you ain't.

> Keep on ridin'.

'course!

> Hasta la chingada vista,
> Tomaso

You'll be back. They /always/ come back.

> Nothing is safe from me.
> I'm really at:
> tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

TTYS!!!

In article <[email protected]>,
"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> writes:

> You'll be back. They /always/ come back.

Only fleetingly.

Buh-bye.

In the meantime, I suggest you try to grow a heart.
It might do ya some good. Even if it does turn
you into a Liberal -- or worse yet, a Yes <Steve
Howe/Jon Anderson/Chris Squire, et al[*]> fan.

"C'mon people now,
smile on your brother,
Everybody get together,
Try 'n love one another
Right Now."

Take good care of yourselves, everybody!

I love you all, and you're all wonderful
and beautiful!

Watch out for those goatheads.

cheers,
Tom

[*] it gets really complicated if you involve
King Crimson and Bill Bruford. And The Eno.
And Tony Kaye was/is a respectable keyboardist.

I guess Rick Wakeman would resent a lack of
acknowledgement by me.
Hey, Rick, if you're reading this --
when you do that thing on "And You And I",
it blows my head clean off my shoulders.
Especially when I've been smoking blond
Lebanese hashish.

What a happy, joyous song "And You And I" is.
I want that played at my funeral, if ever get one.

Chris Squire's "Fish Out of Water" is lovely, too.

..... silently falling,
down
down
down

Don't let Roger Waters' moodiness get you down.
He's just off in his own space.

It'll all work out good.

It always does.

Bye, Bill.

Grow that heart and feel food and love people.

Smile, mon! It no crack your face.

Unless you're a Conservative.

cheers, & yippee-yi-o-KY,
Tom

--

Tom Keats <[email protected]> wrote:

> Y'know what? I've been so thoroughly killfiled here
> that although I still have good stuff to say, nobody
> wants to hear it.

Now that's just not true. The audience might be a tad more select than
one would like, true.

> So, aDios amigo. My welcome is worn out here.

Not in my opinion, but don't hang on and get your hat bent on all out of
shape. On the other hand, please don't say goodbye forever. Maybe take
a bit of a layoff though.

> There's too much ******** razmatazz going on
> here anyways.

There usually is, though there seem to be a few decent new posters.
Anyway, don't you know that USENET is dead?

> This ng is like bike computers -- something
> to grow out of.
>
> Keep on ridin'.

I purely will. And if I don't see you in rbm, I'll try and look you up
in September. I'm planning on swinging up Vancouver way with my brother
later this year.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
Rembrandt is not to be compared in the painting of character with our

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > You'll be back. They /always/ come back.

> Only fleetingly.
>
> Buh-bye.
>

> In the meantime, I suggest you try to grow a heart.
> It might do ya some good. Even if it does turn
> you into a Liberal -- or worse yet, a Yes <Steve
> Howe/Jon Anderson/Chris Squire, et al[*]> fan.

Chris Squire? He's in my bike club! Of course, so is Jonathan Page.
("the one and only!" he says to me before Sunday's race...)

> Smile, mon! It no crack your face.
>
> Unless you're a Conservative.

The face! It burns! Burns with shame!

No, wait, I like this feeling,

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:55:51 -0700, Dane Buson wrote:

> Not in my opinion, but don't hang on and get your hat bent on all out of
> shape. On the other hand, please don't say goodbye forever. Maybe take
> a bit of a layoff though.
>
>> There's too much ******** razmatazz going on
>> here anyways.

> There usually is, though there seem to be a few decent new posters.
> Anyway, don't you know that USENET is dead?

USENET ain't dead. It just smells funny.

I find that fewer outright fools use USENET than, oh, web-based forums.
The USENET die-hards are my preferred company on the interblag.

-l

--
Luigi de Guzman
http://ouij.livejournal.com

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 03:08:19 GMT, Luigi de Guzman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:55:51 -0700, Dane Buson wrote:
>
>> Not in my opinion, but don't hang on and get your hat bent on all out of
>> shape. On the other hand, please don't say goodbye forever. Maybe take
>> a bit of a layoff though.
>>
>>> There's too much ******** razmatazz going on
>>> here anyways.

>> There usually is, though there seem to be a few decent new posters.
>> Anyway, don't you know that USENET is dead?

>USENET ain't dead. It just smells funny.
>
>I find that fewer outright fools use USENET than, oh, web-based forums.
>The USENET die-hards are my preferred company on the interblag.

When I read the USENET FAQ off a CD before getting a modem it was a
bit scary but they sounded like my kinda people.

Posts to those web-based forums have drool stains.

--
zk

Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:55:51 -0700, Dane Buson wrote:
>
>> Not in my opinion, but don't hang on and get your hat bent on all out of
>> shape. On the other hand, please don't say goodbye forever. Maybe take
>> a bit of a layoff though.
>>
>>> There's too much ******** razmatazz going on
>>> here anyways.

>> There usually is, though there seem to be a few decent new posters.
>> Anyway, don't you know that USENET is dead?

> USENET ain't dead. It just smells funny.

Is that what the smell was behind the radiator? I thought the cat had
detonated.

> I find that fewer outright fools use USENET than, oh, web-based
> forums. The USENET die-hards are my preferred company on the
> interblag.

I've found a few fora that are decent. A telling sign is limited or no
signatures, small or no avatars, and people who will correct poor
grammar. If they are at least loosely moderated, that's a huge help.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
Life is a biochemical reaction to the stimulus of the surrounding

In article <[email protected]>,
Dane Buson <[email protected]> writes:
> Tom Keats <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Y'know what? I've been so thoroughly killfiled here
>> that although I still have good stuff to say, nobody
>> wants to hear it.

> Now that's just not true. The audience might be a tad more select than
> one would like, true.

Having committed the multiple sins of communicating with a
certain arbm character (& his favourite sock puppet,)
arguing with a certain bike lights "expert", and realizing
that I not only understand what Datakoll says, but also
agree with it, and probably dissing a lot of people who
drive cars, I figure it's time to bow out. Maybe make
an effort to regain some level of sanity in the meantime.
Or not.

Talking about stuff like riding bike just unnecessarily
complicates it. Ya get on the bike and go -- what's so
hard about that, that it needs to be discussed to death?

>> So, aDios amigo. My welcome is worn out here.

> Not in my opinion, but don't hang on and get your hat bent on all out of
> shape. On the other hand, please don't say goodbye forever. Maybe take
> a bit of a layoff though.
>
>> There's too much ******** razmatazz going on
>> here anyways.

> There usually is, though there seem to be a few decent new posters.
> Anyway, don't you know that USENET is dead?

All the real problems of cycling have been adressed,
and solutions proffered. There's really nothing left
to say, except to express opinions about people who
ride fixies/recumbents/antiques, and uttering the
word: "poser." And all that's in the archives. The
rest is comiseration about how "hard" it can sometimes
be to ride amongst motorized traffic or in inclement
weather, and lashing-out in the drivers' crossposts.
If anyone has probs making Sora work with DuraAce, there's
rbt to take care of that.

>> This ng is like bike computers -- something
>> to grow out of.
>>
>> Keep on ridin'.

> I purely will. And if I don't see you in rbm, I'll try and look you up
> in September. I'm planning on swinging up Vancouver way with my brother
> later this year.

That'd be wonderful. Expect to gain a little extra
(temporary) weight. Especially when we hit the Greek
section of West Broadway, where you can buy olives by
the barrelful.

Those plastic barrels are great for storing flour in, BTW.
They also make good outboard pontoons for your sea-going kayak.
Some designer knew what he/she was doing.

cheers, & I'm not even Greek (as far as I know,)
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

In article <[email protected]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:

>> Smile, mon! It no crack your face.
>>
>> Unless you're a Conservative.

> The face! It burns! Burns with shame!
>
> No, wait, I like this feeling,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That would actually put you as a Reformative,
like the current Federal Gov't.

But then you'd have to put on a hair jersey as a
fundamentalist's penance for feeling good about
something-or-other, and demand harsh penalties for
such as Jean Valjean.

I've smoked stuff that's made my face feel like it
was on too tight. Never stopped me from grinning,
though.

cheers,
Tom