Where's Elaine K?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Prairie Roots, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
    holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
    all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.

    Prairie Roots

    Tags:

  2. Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages but
    just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out health wise
    in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared again. I was
    scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset itself. This time I
    was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't realize what caffeine can
    do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst part was when my heart wasn't
    even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a very very short time, but it did
    repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of my diet and seem to be OK. The bad
    effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself
    as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood pressure and that could cause another
    stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother also had what we thought was another
    heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for
    an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have the cardio inversion or keep on taking the
    warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I have no intention of weighing myself. I'll
    wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to try & get more involved, but I'm catching up
    on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K

    Prairie Roots wrote:

    >I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
    >holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
    >all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
    >
    >Prairie Roots

  3. SO glad to hear you and your husband are OK, although that heart business sounds worrisome. Thank
    goodness your doctor is monitoring things. Eliminating caffeine, exercising, and being on program
    can only have positive effects.

    I'll promise not to worry about you if you promise to pop in once in a while with reassurances that
    all is well with you. Take care.

    Prairie Roots

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 04:17:16 GMT, Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
    >but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out health
    >wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared again. I
    >was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset itself. This
    >time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't realize what
    >caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst part was when
    >my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a very very short
    >time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of my diet and seem
    >to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so worried. I kept my
    >worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood pressure and that
    >could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother also had what we
    >thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of arrhythmia also - he's
    >also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have the cardio inversion or
    >keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I have no intention of
    >weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to try & get more
    >involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad patch. Thanks
    >again for asking. Elaine K
    >
    >Prairie Roots wrote:
    >
    >>I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
    >>holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
    >>all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
    >>
    >>Prairie Roots

  4. its OK if you sit out but could give us a shout about once a week or so that
    way we won't worry, Lee
    Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
    > but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out
    > health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared
    > again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset
    > itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't
    > realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst
    > part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a
    > very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of
    > my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so
    > worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood
    > pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother
    > also had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of
    > arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have
    > the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I
    > have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to
    > try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad
    > patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K
    >
    > Prairie Roots wrote:
    >
    > >I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
    > >holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
    > >all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
    > >
    > >Prairie Roots

  5. Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
    --
    Brenda
    209/176/150 RafL goal 165

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
    > but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out
    > health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared
    > again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset
    > itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't
    > realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst
    > part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a
    > very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of
    > my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so
    > worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood
    > pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother
    > also had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of
    > arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have
    > the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I
    > have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to
    > try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad
    > patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K
    >
    > Prairie Roots wrote:
    >
    > >I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
    > >holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
    > >all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
    > >
    > >Prairie Roots

  6. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    bgcolor="#ffffff"> <tt>I'll make sure I pop in more often and I'll definitely pop in after my
    doc's appointment to let you know if the ECG does show all is well. Thanks for caring.<br>
    cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">SO glad to hear you and your
    husband are OK, although that heart business sounds worrisome. Thank goodness your doctor is
    monitoring things. Eliminating caffeine, exercising, and being on program can only have
    positive effects.

    I'll promise not to worry about you if you promise to pop in once in a while with reassurances that
    all is well with you. Take care.

    Prairie Roots

    Prairie Roots wrote:

    little while? Was she going someplace for the holidays? Considering some of the health problems
    she reported in her family, I hope everything's all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if
    you're lurking.

    Prairie Roots

  7. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    bgcolor="#ffffff"> Thanks Lee. As soon as things settle down a bit more, I will definitely be
    wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="[email protected]"> <pre
    wrap="">its OK if you sit out but could give us a shout about once a week or so that way we won't
    worry, Lee Elaine Kirkham <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-
    freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:gFqKb.1426$AAe-
    wrap="">Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the

    Prairie Roots wrote:

    little while? Was she going someplace for the holidays? Considering some of the health problems
    she reported in her family, I hope everything's all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if
    you're lurking.

    Prairie Roots

  8. Thanks, Brenda. Certainly haven't given up - just a bad patch for a bit. D I'll make sure I post
    more often ;-D Elaine K

    Brenda Hammond wrote:

    >Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.

  9. You know who else I am wondering about is Anna H. Crap, can't remember her
    last name, she did one of the challenges and had an Occupational therapist,
    Lee
    Brenda Hammond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/176/150 RafL goal 165
    >
    > "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
    > > but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out
    > > health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared
    > > again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset
    > > itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't
    > > realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst
    > > part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a
    > > very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out
    > > of my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so
    > > worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his
    > > blood pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder
    > > brother also had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack
    > > of arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to
    > > have the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program,
    > > but I have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I
    > > promise to try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do
    > > during that bad patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K
    > >
    > > Prairie Roots wrote:
    > >
    > > >I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for
    > > >the holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope
    > > >everything's all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
    > > >
    > > >Prairie Roots

  10. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C3D4BF.DC0716C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    good luck, Lee Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... Thanks Lee. As soon as things settle
    down a bit more, I will = definitely be partipating more often in the group chatter. Thanks for =
    asking. Elaine K

    Miss Violette wrote:

    its OK if you sit out but could give us a shout about once a week or so = that way we won't worry,
    Lee Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    =20
[...]

    Prairie Roots wrote:

    =20
    I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
    holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
    all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.

    Prairie Roots

    =20

    =20

    ------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C3D4BF.DC0716C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE> <META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-
    1 = http-equiv=3DContent-Type> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=3DGENERATOR>
    <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>good luck, Lee</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px
    solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: = 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
    <>Elaine Kirkham <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> wrote =
    in message=20 <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">new=
    s:[email protected]</A>...</DIV>Tha= nks=20 Lee. As soon as
    things settle down a bit more, I will definitely be=20 partipating more often in the group
    chatter. Thanks for = asking.<BR>Elaine=20 K<BR><BR>Miss Violette wrote:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"[email protected]
    berlin.de" = type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">its OK if you sit out but could give us a = shout about
    once a week or so that way we won't worry, Lee Elaine Kirkham <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-rfc2396E =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></A> = wrote in message <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-
    freetext = href=3D"news:[email protected]">ne=
    ws:[email protected]</A>... </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE
    type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">Thanks for asking, Prairie = Roots. I've just been sitting on
[...]

    Prairie Roots wrote:

    </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">I don't recall seeing any = posts from Elaine K
    for a little while? Was she going someplace for the holidays? Considering some of the health
    problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's all right. Elaine, here's a shout out
    to you if you're lurking.

    Prairie Roots

    </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->

    </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C3D4BF.DC0716C0--

  11. Anna Hayward. Yes, it's been several months (September) since she last posted.

    There's a link to her e-mail address on the web page from the last challenge she hosted.
    http://www.ratbag.demon.co.uk/anna/SWWC/secondwind.htm

    On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:46:29 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You know who else I am wondering about is Anna H. Crap, can't remember her last name, she did one
    >of the challenges and had an Occupational therapist, Lee Brenda Hammond
    ><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
    >> --
    >> Brenda
    >> 209/176/150 RafL goal 165
    >>
    >> "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the
    >> > messages but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be
    >> > straightening out health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems
    >> > to have disappeared again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last
    >> > week my heart reset itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those
    >> > out there who don't realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was
    >> > a bad one. The worst part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank
    >> > goodness it only lasted for a very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now
    >> > cut most of the caffeine out of my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or
    >> > course) I ate because I was so worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to
    >> > get my hubby upset & raise his blood pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same
    >> > time as this happened, my elder brother also had what we thought was another heart attack, but
    >> > it turned out to be a bad attack of arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed
    >> > and if all is OK, I won't have to have the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm
    >> > back to exercising and on program, but I have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until
    >> > my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a
    >> > lot of the things I didn't do during that bad patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K

    Prairie Roots
    232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  12. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Indeed,Anna is certainly missed...Hey Anna,if you ' re lurking,come in and say hi!! Same thing for
    Joy...I miss you here!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/100.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > You know who else I am wondering about is Anna H. Crap, can't remember
    her
    > last name, she did one of the challenges and had an Occupational
    therapist,
    > Lee Brenda Hammond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
    > > --
    > > Brenda
    > > 209/176/150 RafL goal 165
    > >
    > > "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on
    sidelines -
    > > > reading all the messages but just too much to do to really join in
    very
    > > > much. All things seem to be straightening out health wise in my whole family - even me (I
    > > > think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have
    disappeared
    > > > again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but
    last
    > > > week my heart reset itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those
    > > > out there who don't realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it
    > > > was a bad one. The worst part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank
    > > > goodness it only lasted for a very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have
    > > > now cut most of the caffeine out of my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that
    > > > (or course) I ate
    because
    > > > I was so worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset &
    > > > raise his blood pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this
    > > > happened, my elder brother
    also
    > > > had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be
    > > > bad attack of arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on
    Wed
    > > > and if all is OK, I won't have to have the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin.
    > > > I'm back to exercising and on program, but I have no intention of weighing myself. I'll
    > > > wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to try & get more involved, but I'm
    > > > catching up
    on
    > > > a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad patch. Thanks again
    for
    > > > asking. Elaine K

  13. I sent her an e-mail and will let you all know if I hear from her. Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anna Hayward. Yes, it's been several months (September) since she last posted.
    >
    > There's a link to her e-mail address on the web page from the last challenge she hosted.
    > http://www.ratbag.demon.co.uk/anna/SWWC/secondwind.htm
    >
    > On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:46:29 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >You know who else I am wondering about is Anna H. Crap, can't remember
    her
    > >last name, she did one of the challenges and had an Occupational
    therapist,
    > >Lee Brenda Hammond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
    > >> --
    > >> Brenda
    > >> 209/176/150 RafL goal 165
    > >>
    > >> "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...
    disappeared
    can
    also
    Wed
    on

    Was

    > Prairie Roots
    > 232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  14. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Glad to hear from you, Elaine, add me to the list of those concerned!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.2/172

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
    > but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out
    > health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared
    > again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset
    > itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't
    > realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst
    > part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a
    > very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of
    > my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so
    > worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood
    > pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother
    > also had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of
    > arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have
    > the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I
    > have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to
    > try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad
    > patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K
    >
    > Prairie Roots wrote:
    >
    > >I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
    > >holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
    > >all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
    > >
    > >Prairie Roots

  15. Thanks, Kristin. I'm now in A-one condition. My arrythmia has disappeared & I once again have a good
    strong heart beat. I now know & just can't have very much caffeine or I will bring on another
    attack. I can have a small bit but only in the morning when I take my beta blocker. My eldest
    brother is the same & he's restricted to 1 reg cofffee once a day in the morning & no other caffeine
    the rest of the day. I can live with that if it means having a good strong heart. Now to get back to
    work on the rest of my life ;-D Elaine K