Where's Elaine K?

Prairie Roots

Guest
I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.

Prairie Roots

Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages but
just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out health wise
in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared again. I was
scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset itself. This time I
was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't realize what caffeine can
do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst part was when my heart wasn't
even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a very very short time, but it did
repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of my diet and seem to be OK. The bad
effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself
as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood pressure and that could cause another
stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother also had what we thought was another
heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for
an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have the cardio inversion or keep on taking the
warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I have no intention of weighing myself. I'll
wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to try & get more involved, but I'm catching up
on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K

Prairie Roots wrote:

>I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
>holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
>all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
>
>Prairie Roots

SO glad to hear you and your husband are OK, although that heart business sounds worrisome. Thank
goodness your doctor is monitoring things. Eliminating caffeine, exercising, and being on program
can only have positive effects.

I'll promise not to worry about you if you promise to pop in once in a while with reassurances that
all is well with you. Take care.

Prairie Roots

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 04:17:16 GMT, Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
>but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out health
>wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared again. I
>was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset itself. This
>time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't realize what
>caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst part was when
>my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a very very short
>time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of my diet and seem
>to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so worried. I kept my
>worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood pressure and that
>could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother also had what we
>thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of arrhythmia also - he's
>also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have the cardio inversion or
>keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I have no intention of
>weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to try & get more
>involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad patch. Thanks
>again for asking. Elaine K
>
>Prairie Roots wrote:
>
>>I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
>>holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
>>all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
>>
>>Prairie Roots

its OK if you sit out but could give us a shout about once a week or so that
way we won't worry, Lee
Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
> but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out
> health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared
> again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset
> itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't
> realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst
> part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a
> very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of
> my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so
> worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood
> pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother
> also had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of
> arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have
> the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I
> have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to
> try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad
> patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K
>
> Prairie Roots wrote:
>
> >I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
> >holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
> >all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
> >
> >Prairie Roots

Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
--
Brenda
209/176/150 RafL goal 165

"Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
> but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out
> health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared
> again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset
> itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't
> realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst
> part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a
> very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of
> my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so
> worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood
> pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother
> also had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of
> arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have
> the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I
> have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to
> try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad
> patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K
>
> Prairie Roots wrote:
>
> >I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
> >holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
> >all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
> >
> >Prairie Roots

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
bgcolor="#ffffff"> <tt>I'll make sure I pop in more often and I'll definitely pop in after my
doc's appointment to let you know if the ECG does show all is well. Thanks for caring.<br>
cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">SO glad to hear you and your
husband are OK, although that heart business sounds worrisome. Thank goodness your doctor is
monitoring things. Eliminating caffeine, exercising, and being on program can only have
positive effects.

I'll promise not to worry about you if you promise to pop in once in a while with reassurances that
all is well with you. Take care.

Prairie Roots

Prairie Roots wrote:

little while? Was she going someplace for the holidays? Considering some of the health problems
she reported in her family, I hope everything's all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if
you're lurking.

Prairie Roots

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
bgcolor="#ffffff"> Thanks Lee. As soon as things settle down a bit more, I will definitely be
wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="[email protected]"> <pre
wrap="">its OK if you sit out but could give us a shout about once a week or so that way we won't
worry, Lee Elaine Kirkham <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-
freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:gFqKb.1426$AAe-
wrap="">Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the

Prairie Roots wrote:

little while? Was she going someplace for the holidays? Considering some of the health problems
she reported in her family, I hope everything's all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if
you're lurking.

Prairie Roots

Thanks, Brenda. Certainly haven't given up - just a bad patch for a bit. D I'll make sure I post
more often ;-D Elaine K

Brenda Hammond wrote:

>Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.

You know who else I am wondering about is Anna H. ****, can't remember her
last name, she did one of the challenges and had an Occupational therapist,
Lee
Brenda Hammond <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
> --
> Brenda
> 209/176/150 RafL goal 165
>
> "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
> > but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out
> > health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared
> > again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset
> > itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't
> > realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst
> > part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a
> > very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out
> > of my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so
> > worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his
> > blood pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder
> > brother also had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack
> > of arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to
> > have the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program,
> > but I have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I
> > promise to try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do
> > during that bad patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K
> >
> > Prairie Roots wrote:
> >
> > >I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for
> > >the holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope
> > >everything's all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
> > >
> > >Prairie Roots

------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C3D4BF.DC0716C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

good luck, Lee Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... Thanks Lee. As soon as things settle
down a bit more, I will = definitely be partipating more often in the group chatter. Thanks for =
asking. Elaine K

Miss Violette wrote:

its OK if you sit out but could give us a shout about once a week or so = that way we won't worry,
Lee Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
=20
[...]

Prairie Roots wrote:

=20
I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.

Prairie Roots

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C3D4BF.DC0716C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE> <META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-
1 = http-equiv=3DContent-Type> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>good luck, Lee</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px
solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: = 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
<>Elaine Kirkham <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> wrote =
in message=20 <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">new=
s:[email protected]</A>...</DIV>Tha= nks=20 Lee. As soon as
things settle down a bit more, I will definitely be=20 partipating more often in the group
chatter. Thanks for = asking.<BR>Elaine=20 K<BR><BR>Miss Violette wrote:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"[email protected]
berlin.de" = type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">its OK if you sit out but could give us a = shout about
once a week or so that way we won't worry, Lee Elaine Kirkham <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-rfc2396E =
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></A> = wrote in message <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-
freetext = href=3D"news:[email protected]">ne=
ws:[email protected]</A>... </PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE
type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">Thanks for asking, Prairie = Roots. I've just been sitting on
[...]

Prairie Roots wrote:

</PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">I don't recall seeing any = posts from Elaine K
for a little while? Was she going someplace for the holidays? Considering some of the health
problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's all right. Elaine, here's a shout out
to you if you're lurking.

Prairie Roots

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C3D4BF.DC0716C0--

Anna Hayward. Yes, it's been several months (September) since she last posted.

There's a link to her e-mail address on the web page from the last challenge she hosted.
http://www.ratbag.demon.co.uk/anna/SWWC/secondwind.htm

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:46:29 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>You know who else I am wondering about is Anna H. ****, can't remember her last name, she did one
>of the challenges and had an Occupational therapist, Lee Brenda Hammond
><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
>> --
>> Brenda
>> 209/176/150 RafL goal 165
>>
>> "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the
>> > messages but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be
>> > straightening out health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems
>> > to have disappeared again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last
>> > week my heart reset itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those
>> > out there who don't realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was
>> > a bad one. The worst part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank
>> > goodness it only lasted for a very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now
>> > cut most of the caffeine out of my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or
>> > course) I ate because I was so worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to
>> > get my hubby upset & raise his blood pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same
>> > time as this happened, my elder brother also had what we thought was another heart attack, but
>> > it turned out to be a bad attack of arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed
>> > and if all is OK, I won't have to have the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm
>> > back to exercising and on program, but I have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until
>> > my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a
>> > lot of the things I didn't do during that bad patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K

Prairie Roots
232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Indeed,Anna is certainly missed...Hey Anna,if you ' re lurking,come in and say hi!! Same thing for
Joy...I miss you here!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/100.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> You know who else I am wondering about is Anna H. ****, can't remember
her
> last name, she did one of the challenges and had an Occupational
therapist,
> Lee Brenda Hammond <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
> > --
> > Brenda
> > 209/176/150 RafL goal 165
> >
> > "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on
sidelines -
> > > reading all the messages but just too much to do to really join in
very
> > > much. All things seem to be straightening out health wise in my whole family - even me (I
> > > think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have
disappeared
> > > again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but
last
> > > week my heart reset itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those
> > > out there who don't realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it
> > > was a bad one. The worst part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank
> > > goodness it only lasted for a very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have
> > > now cut most of the caffeine out of my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that
> > > (or course) I ate
because
> > > I was so worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset &
> > > raise his blood pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this
> > > happened, my elder brother
also
> > > had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be
> > > bad attack of arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on
Wed
> > > and if all is OK, I won't have to have the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin.
> > > I'm back to exercising and on program, but I have no intention of weighing myself. I'll
> > > wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to try & get more involved, but I'm
> > > catching up
on
> > > a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad patch. Thanks again
for
> > > asking. Elaine K

I sent her an e-mail and will let you all know if I hear from her. Lee
Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anna Hayward. Yes, it's been several months (September) since she last posted.
>
> There's a link to her e-mail address on the web page from the last challenge she hosted.
> http://www.ratbag.demon.co.uk/anna/SWWC/secondwind.htm
>
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:46:29 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >You know who else I am wondering about is Anna H. ****, can't remember
her
> >last name, she did one of the challenges and had an Occupational
therapist,
> >Lee Brenda Hammond <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Glad to hear you're okay Elaine. I was wondering about you too.
> >> --
> >> Brenda
> >> 209/176/150 RafL goal 165
> >>
> >> "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
disappeared
can
also
Wed
on

Was

> Prairie Roots
> 232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Glad to hear from you, Elaine, add me to the list of those concerned!

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172

"Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for asking, Prairie Roots. I've just been sitting on sidelines - reading all the messages
> but just too much to do to really join in very much. All things seem to be straightening out
> health wise in my whole family - even me (I think). Even my arrhythmia seems to have disappeared
> again. I was scheduled for another cardio inversion next week, but last week my heart reset
> itself. This time I was really scared as it was quite bad. Now for those out there who don't
> realize what caffeine can do, please take note. It cause my attack & it was a bad one. The worst
> part was when my heart wasn't even beating, just quivering!! Thank goodness it only lasted for a
> very very short time, but it did repeat several times. I have now cut most of the caffeine out of
> my diet and seem to be OK. The bad effect of this was that (or course) I ate because I was so
> worried. I kept my worry mostly to myself as I didn't want to get my hubby upset & raise his blood
> pressure and that could cause another stroke. At the same time as this happened, my elder brother
> also had what we thought was another heart attack, but it turned out to be a bad attack of
> arrhythmia also - he's also OK now. I go for an ECG on Wed and if all is OK, I won't have to have
> the cardio inversion or keep on taking the warfarin. I'm back to exercising and on program, but I
> have no intention of weighing myself. I'll wait until my clothes get a bit looser ;-D I promise to
> try & get more involved, but I'm catching up on a lot of the things I didn't do during that bad
> patch. Thanks again for asking. Elaine K
>
> Prairie Roots wrote:
>
> >I don't recall seeing any posts from Elaine K for a little while? Was she going someplace for the
> >holidays? Considering some of the health problems she reported in her family, I hope everything's
> >all right. Elaine, here's a shout out to you if you're lurking.
> >
> >Prairie Roots

Thanks, Kristin. I'm now in A-one condition. My arrythmia has disappeared & I once again have a good
strong heart beat. I now know & just can't have very much caffeine or I will bring on another
attack. I can have a small bit but only in the morning when I take my beta blocker. My eldest
brother is the same & he's restricted to 1 reg cofffee once a day in the morning & no other caffeine
the rest of the day. I can live with that if it means having a good strong heart. Now to get back to
work on the rest of my life ;-D Elaine K