Wheres T Mobile Now????

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Mtventoux, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Mtventoux

Mtventoux New Member

DISCO DISMANTLES!!!!!!! Where are the Blue train haters????

Tags:

2. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

Hahahahahaha.

3. Eldrack

Eldrack New Member

Only the head of the blue train remains, the rest have been shelled along with all of T-Mobile, it Illes Balears thats doing the pain making now though.

4. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

Classic Armstrong. Discovery just destroyed the field.

5. House

House Banned

Illes Balears is doing no pain making, Lance is doing it all and allowing the others to take the occasional turn at the front.

6. Mtventoux

Mtventoux New Member

Exactly the plan, I hope you know. Popo, Beltran, Azevedo, and Hincappie did their jobs of smashing the field to pieces, setting a pace that shed all the pink boys and the rest of the pretenders......and leave the boss to crush the rest. You dont think they are all supposed to come to the top together to be a great squad, I hope! That said, great ride so far by Mancebo and Valverde. One should get the stage.

7. cheapie

cheapie New Member

8. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

It definitely appears to be over. I have not seen the stage, but am surprised that Basso did not hang on. Oh well.

9. rejobako

rejobako New Member

Sadly, Vino was exposed as a bit of a braggart today. With all of his recent tough talk, I thought he was truly ready to challenge. Whiteboytrash: I can't resist a bit of a swipe, because I remembered your post from yesterday, where you predicted carnage and blood on the slopes of Courchevel. What neither you or I expected, however, was that most of the blood was going to be pink in color. What an utter devastation of T-Mobile today, and what a coming out party for Valverde. And don't forget Rasmussen; how is it possible for him to have stayed away on such a long break the other day and then stay within 9 seconds of the winners on that climb? Amazing.

Finally, there are two remaining constants:

Armstrong remains the boss.
    Ullrich remains unable to attack. (This pains me to no end -- I was so hoping for a classic duel between the two of them, but Ulle is definitely done.)

10. mocka58

mocka58 New Member

Lance was great, Valverde sensational! I've only ever read about how good he is and he proved it today. If only Cunego had been fit.

11. babylou

babylou New Member

Vino's performance today has cost him a significant amount of salary for next year.

There can be no doubt that Armstrong is the boss of bosses, ie the Godfather.

I'm so sick of hearing about Ullrich this.....Ullrich that. I can't remember if the guy has launched a serious attack in several years. The guy is a wuss. At least the other riders like Vino, Kloden, and Basso periodically give it a shot.

12. babylou

babylou New Member

According to the Cyclcing Hall of Fame Ullrich has won 1 TDF, 1 Vuelta, 1 Olympic Road Race and 1 HEW Cyclassics. 4 total victories. That's about it.

Armstrong has 6 TDF, 1 World Road Championship, 1 San Sebastien and 1 Fleche Wallone (0ne of the Classics but not one of the 5 Monuments). 9 total victories.

It seems all that racing Ullrich does sure has helped his record. Less than 50% of the total victories of Armstrong. Oh yah, I forgot about the doping thing: Armstrong doping offences = 0 (nada)....Ullrich = 1 (Ecstasy).

BTW, how about leaving out the expletives in posts.

13. YIMan

YIMan New Member

Exactly. Armstrong fans - typical Yanks, don't even have the good grace to acknowledge anyone else.

The Tour de France and European cycling was around long before Armstrong turned up and will be around long after he is gone.

14. 996vtwin

996vtwin New Member

You have to excuse the yanks, they are becoming well known for their arogance and pompass attitudes around the world. Sorry to be harsh but many of the American I have met have all been greedy and revolved around money with no regard for anyone or anything else.

15. Lonnie Utah

Lonnie Utah Banned

I don't know about this. I once heard a sports caster say, that once American's figure out that there is money to be made in a sport, there is no stopping their dominance in that sport.....

I'm not saying it's 100% true, but you got to think about what Lance is doing for USA cycling. It's all about potential. What about all those skinny little kids (like me :) ) in small town America, forced to suffer through the ball sports or wrestling, that would never have gotten on a bike if it wasn't for Lance? I wish somebody had give me a bike about 20+ years ago. I have a feeling you're going to see a crop of really good American cyclists come on strong in the next decade...

L

16. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

There has been plenty of arrogance on this forum from Europeans in the last few days. Go back and look at the posts, you will see what I am talking about. It goes both ways.

17. 996vtwin

996vtwin New Member

"You only need to look in Ebay under "lance Armstrong" or "tour de france"
    or even "Cancer foundantion or CAF" and you will see exactly what it is all about....$$$$$ Whats new. Its all about yellow this and yellow that and nike this and Trek that PLLLLLEASE! Give us a break! My Bike will be made in Italy thankyou.

18. YIMan

YIMan New Member

There may well be...but on the evidence of today where I've seen Ullrich called a "wuss" and a "schmoe", and where the Armstrong fans have since 5pm(uk) been shouting in capitals with an exclamation mark at the end of every sentence, it goes more one way than the other.

19. Lonnie Utah

Lonnie Utah Banned

Well if you can't take it, don't dish it out....

Seriously, I TOTALLY respect EVERY rider in the Peleton. None of us (with a few exceptions) can do what these guys do daily. Until any of us can drop a TDF rider on a Cat 1 or HC climb, I don't think we should be calling them names....

L

20. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

Like I said go back about 4 days and read the posts. Dont base you opinion on todays posts.