Wheres T Mobile Now????

Lonnie Utah said:
And it's too bad. I'd love to see a great American Stage Race. I sure miss the Tour du Pont. I saw the finish of that one back in 92 or 93 when they came to Beech mountain. I guess we can't be bothered shutting down our precious roads for a few hours just for a bike race....:cool:

If I were infinately wealthy, which I'm not, I'd set out organizing this...

L
The Red Zinger aka Coors Classic.... The 1986 World's. What I see as a problem in American cycling is once a race starts to get established as a good national race , then the promoters get overly zealous and the costs skyrocket. I believe one year in the Coors Classic they actually had a stage in Hawaii ??? Corestate, International Bike Week, Tour of Somerville all seem to keep the same program with some success.

wicklow200 said:
Why doesn't Jan now try to make the best of what's left of his career, assuming he's got say 2-3 years left?

Is another top 5 finish in the next couple of years in the TDF (taking into account his age that a podium place might from now be very very difficult) really any satisfaction for someone of his standing in cycling?

Why not concentrate on one of the other tours where he might have a better chance of winning? Why not the Giro next year? It would be nice way to finish his career - with a Giro victory. He could even go to the tour afterwards, and take whatever placing that comes, knowing that he can always fall back on his Giro exertions as an excuse.
Looking to next years TdF, what is JU going to do when LA is no longer around and he is getting dropped by the Young Guns Valverde, Popovych, Basso, Rasmussen, & Mancebo. JU has alot to think about in the coming year.

I'm a huge fan of Der Kaiser. But last night was an awesome display of power by Lance and the discovery team. Hopefully Jan can put in an great display of ITT'ing at the next ITT and show everyone why he's an elite power machine. It's pretty obvious he can't keep up with the elite climbers, but he's still a champion. Does anyone reckon he'll stay with T-Mobile next year? Not sure what his contract obligations are but surely T-Mobile would looking to the future now. Vino to Discovery?? As an aussie, still annoyed T-Mobile didn't show a little more faith in Cadel Evans even if he has a colar bone weaker than a chicken wishbone.

Full credit to Lance...I keep saying he's going to crack everytime he hits the mountains...and after every stage he shows me why he's the man.

Today was a great racing day, I must say. Sure the field was dessimated by Discovery, but it could have been any team doing the leveling and it would still have been a great day. That was a great piece of work by Discovery.

Gotta give props to anyone who made it up, that was a helluva climb. Ullrich didn't look bad, you can tell he's a fantastic rider and he hasn't ridden all that bad thus far. I gotta wonder what he'd be like if he took the gear down just a notch. I was surprised by Vino though, he was absolutely awful.

CSC - man, talk about a rough day. And that attack on Disco that their coach tried to pull was just plain stupid. Voigt? Come on. With the yellow on you can give it a little more heart than that.

We shall see what tomorrow brings, it'll be interesting to see how everyone recovers.

Oh, and to the guy that was talking about the Livestrong foundation and how it's all about money and bull%&$#, that's a charity chief. Cancer victims worldwide are benefitting from the research that charities like that help to fund. Always gotta knock on the people trying to help, has to be for some other reason than what face value says it's for.

~BG

Credit where credit is due......I think LA is a complete ****, to qoute a song...he think his shhhh dont stink, but damn that man can climb.
I think T-Mobile had a great plan which they started to implement to great effect, trouble is the best plan in the world is no good if you dont have the legs to follow it through. My Opinion on some of the arguments on this thread.....
JU is a wusss.....Get a life you prat, not 1 wuss has ever finished the TDF

JU hasnt attcked in years....JU attacked the hell out of LA in 03..till LA attacked back

Yanks are Arogant...They dont do themselfs any favors really

Yanks will forget cycling after LA...Na they are here to stay, I only hope they realise that although they have produced one awsome rider (GL) and one very good TDF rider they are the new boys on the block with a hell of a lot to learn.

LA will win this year, and to me that is a great shame, not because he is from the USA, I was a big fan of Lemond, but because he is a total ***** (Judging by his books anyhow) BUT once again....The man can ride a bike very very well.

Fixey said:

and yet...you make us all look like veritable choir boys. congrats on being an even bigger ass than we are! :rolleyes:

Fixey said:
Credit where credit is due......I think LA is a complete ****, to qoute a song...he think his shhhh dont stink, but damn that man can climb.
I think T-Mobile had a great plan which they started to implement to great effect, trouble is the best plan in the world is no good if you dont have the legs to follow it through. My Opinion on some of the arguments on this thread.....
JU is a wusss.....Get a life you prat, not 1 wuss has ever finished the TDF

JU hasnt attcked in years....JU attacked the hell out of LA in 03..till LA attacked back

Yanks will forget cycling after LA...Na they are here to stay, I only hope they realise that although they have produced one awsome rider (GL) and one very good TDF rider they are the new boys on the block with a hell of a lot to learn.

LA will win this year, and to me that is a great shame, not because he is from the USA, I was a big fan of Lemond, but because he is a total ***** (Judging by his books anyhow) BUT once again....The man can ride a bike very very well.

There has been one wuss that has finsihed the tour. As a matter of fact, he's finished the tour multiple times! His name: Jan Ullrich! He will be forever know as the guy who couldn't beat the best TDF rider in history-Mr. Second Fiddle.

snyper0311 said:
There has been one wuss that has finsihed the tour. As a matter of fact, he's finished the tour multiple times! His name: Jan Ullrich! He will be forever know as the guy who couldn't beat the best TDF rider in history-Mr. Second Fiddle.

Synper - not you as well ?

C'mon you don't seriously believe that ?

Ullrich's record is superb :

snyper0311 said:

I would give my right testicle to be listed in that category. No slam on Lance intended.

i have to agree with whoever made the american arrogance comment that there are a lot of arrogant lance lover posts, though i suspect that if anyone else's rider was doing as well they'd be talking ****, too.

but come on; jan is NOT a wuss. that's just childish and silly. and do you really think e is a performance enhancing drug?

as far as lance is concerned, two things are certain: he's a great rider who can really turn it on when he wants to and he is VERY arrogant.

fianlly, i saw a post touting how popovych will hand it to jan next year. popovych has a ways to go before he is at the same level as such an accomplished rider--even bob roll can't help but give jan props as a "great champion" every now and then. sure popovych dropped him on that cat 1, but popo blew himself up to do it. u think he can go toe-to-toe with jan?

mr tibbs said:
i have to agree with whoever made the american arrogance comment that there are a lot of arrogant lance lover posts, though i suspect that if anyone else's rider was doing as well they'd be talking ****, too.

but come on; jan is NOT a wuss. that's just childish and silly. and do you really think e is a performance enhancing drug?

as far as lance is concerned, two things are certain: he's a great rider who can really turn it on when he wants to and he is VERY arrogant.

fianlly, i saw a post touting how popovych will hand it to jan next year. popovych has a ways to go before he is at the same level as such an accomplished rider--even bob roll can't help but give jan props as a "great champion" every now and then. sure popovych dropped him on that cat 1, but popo blew himself up to do it. u think he can go toe-to-toe with jan?
I agree that LA can be arrogant, the French made him that way. With all the BS they threw his way I would be arrogant also.

limerickman said:

It's superb for a cyclist overall, absolutely. Subjectively for JU, and objectively for T-Mobile/Telekom and the German public, I'm not so sure his string of second place finishes at the Tour and his being off the podium last year can be deemed to be "superb".

If JU's accomplishments in the Tour can be considered "superb", then LA's record there must be considered mega-watt-amazingly-superb. ;)

snyper0311 said:
True ..... Mr. Ullrich has not beaten Armstrong. I agree that makes him a wuss. But he did beat all the other riders since 1999 except Armstrong and 2 others . So that makes all the other several hundred riders that he did beat SUPER WUSSES !!!!!! So , with this logic I have come to the conclusion that the TDF is nothing but a race of wusses and super wusses...... Of course snyper0311 , what does that make you and me????? "Wuss's wannabe's?????"

thebluetrain said:
I agree that LA can be arrogant, the French made him that way. With all the BS they threw his way I would be arrogant also.

when lance was 14 and clocking times on his tri-bike that rivalled those of the current world tri champions a shimano rep met with him and later called him an "arrogant" little something-or-other. that's a bit before france. of course, if i was that good that young i'd be arrogant, too!

also, i heard that before this year's tour there was a random doping test of 1 rider. guess which 1? :confused: is that the kinda BS your talking about?

and about your name, bluetrain, that was such a cooler kit. grey? what were they thinking?

mr tibbs said:
when lance was 14 and clocking times on his tri-bike that rivalled those of the current world tri champions a shimano rep met with him and later called him an "arrogant" little something-or-other. that's a bit before france. of course, if i was that good that young i'd be arrogant, too!

also, i heard that before this year's tour there was a random doping test of 1 rider. guess which 1? :confused: is that the kinda BS your talking about?

and about your name, bluetrain, that was such a cooler kit. grey? what were they thinking?

they were thinking that if they stuck with blue people would still think they were sponsored by US Postal and Discovery wouldn't get a return on their substantial investment.

mr tibbs said:

That's exactly the type of stuff I am talking about. That test wasnt by the UCI either, it was by the French themselves. As far as the kit, they still got a little blue in it.

Especially in a country (france) were a 2nd place is more loved then a 1st..........and certain when that guy is an american!

limerickman said:

mr tibbs said:

If people think Armstrong is arrogant, they should remember Lemond & Hinault. Arrogance ??? Mr. 'Parisian" Fignon was the master. All great riders..... And remember this is the Tour de FRANCE !!! Isn't arrogance the French national pastime???? Of course, arrogance is a trait I am also accused of on too frequant basis . Hell , I'm arrogant and I have only one world's jersey.... Of course, I bought it on E-Bay. And I had to borrow the money from my younger sister..

limerickman said:

Lim,
I'm sorry man, but I don't like the guy. HOWEVER, I do respect his ability on the bike. If I could do half of what he does, I'd be 10 times the rider I'd ever thought I'd be.

My main issue with him is that he seems not to care. For him, second best (over the last 7+ years) is o.k. Remember, this is his job. If I gave only a half hearted effort at work, I'd be unemployed. He has all that tallent and doesn't use it. I jsut hate to see the waste!

And true, Wolfix, as I said above, I'd kill to be half the bike rider that he is. In the world of sports, we have those that we love and those that we hate. For me, he falls in to the second group. For every cowboy in the white hat, there has to someone in the black hat (the villan). Over the last seven years, he has been given the title of the one to compete with/beat Lance. Only, he hasn't lived up to the hype given.

Remember, this is only one man's oppinion. For every one of me, there are 100 people who would disagree. Also remember, "Oppinions are like buttholes, everybodys got one. :D

wolfix said:
If people think Armstrong is arrogant, they should remember Lemond & Hinault. Arrogance ??? Mr. 'Parisian" Fignon was the master. All great riders..... And remember this is the Tour de FRANCE !!! Isn't arrogance the French national pastime???? Of course, arrogance is a trait I am also accused of on too frequant basis . Hell , I'm arrogant and I have only one world's jersey.... Of course, I bought it on E-Bay. And I had to borrow the money from my younger sister..
Very True, Its ok for anyone else to be arrogant but as soon as an American is, you would think it was the end of the world.