Wheres the Balmoral track in Brissie

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Tim, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    How do I get to the track, and what distance is it ?

    Can anyone use it anytime ?
    One last question what time do c grade riders do a lap ?
    Or A or B if anyone is here.
    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. G'day Tim,

    The Balmoral Club race at the Murrarie circuit. It is a public track in
    a park, on Wynnum Rd. It is only a further 500m down Wynnum Rd once you
    pass the Creek Rd intersection, and is directly opposite a 7-11 petrol
    station.

    To get there, well, depends where you are riding from... Either
    straight down Wynnum Rd, or maybe up Creek Rd, depending on your home
    base.

    It is a public facility, owned by the City Council, so anyone can use
    it - obviously except when races are on each Saturday morning. Cat 3
    (juniors & beginners) & Cat 2 race at 8am, while Cat 1 and Elite race
    at 7am.

    I race in Cat 2, average speed is generally around the 38km/h mark.
    They usually have a decent number of competitors (anywhere from 20 -
    50), so if you are up to it you can hide in the bunch and keep up to
    speed...

    I think that some others have said that Cat 1 is up around the
    42-43km/h average. Not sure about Elite though...

    See www.balmoralcycling.asn.au for more info.

    Cheers,
    Abby (Balmoral CC member...)

  3. Mark Lee

    Mark Lee Guest

    Google Earth
    -27.469956°
    153.103440°

    "Tim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > How do I get to the track, and what distance is it ?
    >
    > Can anyone use it anytime ?
    > One last question what time do c grade riders do a lap ?
    > Or A or B if anyone is here.
    > Thanks

  4. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Hey that's cool, here's Albert Bishop Park crit circuit at Nundah
    27°24'32.91"S,153° 4'8.81"E

    and Lakeside
    27°13'43.06"S,152°58'5.09"E (right on a resolution boundary sadly)

    Adam

  5. Mark Lee

    Mark Lee Guest

    Got 'em now, - thx :)