Where's the Trek 7.9fx

jrudolph81

Banned
Feb 6, 2012
Went to trekbikes.com, and can't seem to find the trek 7.9fx for 2012, is it discontinued or what? Also, I've heard that carbon fiber fork and frame bikes our more expensive then aluminum, but does this mean that the 7.9fx is a waste compared to the 7.6fx which i'm looking at as well which is all aluminum?. Also, a guy at the LBS said that a carbon fiber fork bike would brake quicker than a standard bike would, is this true? The fork that is, would break, because its made of carbon and more delicate. I think the trek 7.6fx is priced at 1300 dollars and this one is priced at over 2000 grand am I right? Does this justify going out and buying this bike for fitness riding just b/c it has the carbon fiber frame and fork or would I be satisfied with an aluminum frame 7.6fx?

Yes carbon fiber forks break. They break all the time. In cities where cycling is popular, the streets are littered with the blood, rent flesh, and bodies of riders who have been victimized by carbon fiber forks. Clearly they must break all the time since so many are on the road and the papers are so full of broken carbon fiber fork stories, stories of loss and tragedy. Hell, about half the field of Tour de France crashes in every stager because their weedy, whimpy, and delicate carbon fiber fork. Yes, that must be the case. Also, carbon fiber frames break every 4th day, and carbon fiber wheels explode on every 6th day, except when that day falls on an election day or on the day of a finale for any reality TV show. Those are just the facts. I mean, how could carbon fiber forks not be delicate and fragile? They must be since every CF framed bike comes with one and many, many titanium, steel, magnesium, and aluminum bikes come with them.

yes the trek 7.9 has been discontinued unfortunately was not a big seller because of the price and with increase every year, it basically priced itself out of the fitness market, It's main customers seemed to be the the high end buyer that just wanted the wow factor of having a all carbon hybrid anyway, and if you have a large expendable income their are a lot more expensive one's out there colnago, orbea etc. The 7.5, 7.6, and 7.7 are great bike and probably rule this market you'd be hard pressed to find a used because people never sell them even when some of them move on to full road bike, as far as Carbon Fibre forks they are basically the industry standard now, the only you will find without them is a true entry level bike or maybe at a department store.

I'm about to change to a road bike and am looking to sell my Trek 7.9fx. Not me looking to sell, but my other half has told me to :( Contact me if you're interested in buying, bike is immaculate. :D

Clarkiej, the original poster was banned from this forum. If you hear from him, proceed cautiously.

Thanks for the enquiry ronbo7077.

The bike is still available, and I am in Watford, Hertfordshire. (England).

I have just advertised the bike this week, and got a couple of viewers this weekend. Only publicly started to advertise as my wife has now seen my new bike, so no need to hide it now!! So now it's not a problem she sees me trying to sell my Trek 7.9.

Available to see on Gumtree.com (London), or cycling weekly web site.

Clark

if not sold please advise.
size?
miles?
condition?
modifications?
all oem parts available
ty

Sorry, bike sold.
I got a phone call enquiry 24hrs after posting, then met the caller 2 days later, and after 10mins he paid the full asking price.

I was very suprised how quick it went :)

Hello,

If you are still looking for a bike I might can help you out.

Mint 7.9 FX Bought new 10-12-08
Color: Nude Carbon Fiber
34.0 actual miles
44.5 CM or 17.5"
Bone stock equipment

Lynn