Whey Proteins

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Toon, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Toon

Toon Guest

I just made a comparison between a food supplement and regular milk.

One portion of a whey protein drink (150 ml or half a glass) contains 17 grams of proteins.

Now if I drink big 2 glasses of regular low-fat milk, I get 20 grams of proteins.

What's the catch? Can I just drink 2 glasses of milk instead of half a glass of Whey protein?

PS: I like milk very much.

Cheers,

T.

Tags:

2. none

none Guest

Then drink the 2 glasses instead of the 1/2 glass.

>I just made a comparison between a food supplement and regular milk.
    >
    >One portion of a whey protein drink (150 ml or half a glass) contains 17 grams of proteins.
    >
    >Now if I drink big 2 glasses of regular low-fat milk, I get 20 grams of proteins.
    >
    >What's the catch? Can I just drink 2 glasses of milk instead of half a glass of Whey protein?
    >
    >PS: I like milk very much.
    >
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >T.

3. mrs dalloway

mrs dalloway New Member

The idea behind the protein supplement is the extra amino acids right? ( or at least should be) Aminos are the building blocks, we get 15% of our energy on endurance efforts from protein/aminos blah blah blah. I just take straight aminos which give me the eight essential amino acids we need in a branched chain and that's it. I don't have to worry about the extra caloric intake or carbs which come with the protein drinks and I don't need to figure out how many grams of protein powder to my kilograms of lean body weight. So, take your aminos and wash them down with milk!! Problem solved.

4. mjh

mjh New Member

When you say that you take your "aminos straight" what does that mean? As a supplement or whey powder?

mjh

5. mrs dalloway

mrs dalloway New Member

Tablet form, no whey powder. Don't need the powdered drink, and everything that goes with it, just the aminos to do what I believe they do. I always found weight gain with the powder.

6. Phil

Phil Guest

If you tolerate milk ok you should be fine - the only reason I see to take a supplement is if milk
    has some er ah uh 'unplesant side effects' shall we say?

---

http://runners4bush2004.rantweb.com/