WHich are better forks

"Arpit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> spring oil or air?

Define "better".

Air shocks are generally lighter, so for XC, better. Coil/oil are often regarded as being tougher,
so, for freeride/downhill, better. You will need to supply a little more info for a better answer. I
suck at suspension info anway, so you'll need to wait for someone who knows something useful! :)

Meanwhile, try: http://www.angryasian.com/ http://www.math.chalmers.se/~olahe/Bike/
http://www.google.com ;-)

hippy

"hippy" wrote
> "Arpit" wrote

> > spring oil or air?

> Define "better".
>
> Air shocks are generally lighter, so for XC, better. Coil/oil are often regarded as being tougher,
> so, for freeride/downhill, better.

Motorcyclists use coil, oil, and air. Coil by itself gives movement with no damping, oil with coil
gives movement and damping but the damping is linear. Air suspension is progressive, the more it's
compressed the heavier the damping.

Theo

Best forks are ones with food on them.......I have recently upped my exercise regime and all I seem
to do is eat.

I have always been pretty good on the tooth, but at I am now eating around 5 or so meals a day and
snacks as well. Lucky for me eating is one of my favorite pastimes anyway and my metabolism is still
pretty fast (one of these days i just know it is gonna die in the **** though).

Gags (still hungry......just off for another banana)

Originally posted by Arpit
spring oil or air?

With MTB forks, as with most things, you get what you pay for. A lot of bikes come with low spec forks that aren't very adjustable. Air forks can often be easier (& cheaper) to tune than changing a coil spring. It's also cheaper to upgrade your forks at time of bike purchase than do it latter.