which are the most suitable shoes for cycling wearing?

airjordans

Banned
Oct 31, 2010
which are the most suitable shoes for cycling wearing?
Well, i just wanna get some good information here, thanks.

There's almost as many answers to that as there are riders, as there's lots of room for personal preferences. For casual, short distance utility oriented riding anything goes, although I'd recommend a reasonably grippy sole and advice against sandals or any other open toe shoe.
Dedicated road riders tend to use shoes with slick soles and clasps/straps instead of strings. They often have a large cleat attached to the sole making walking(even short distances) quite awkward.

Dedicated XC MTBers (cross-country MTB) often use similar shoes although theirs have a treaded sole with a recessed cleat, making walking easier.

Not-so dedicated riders might use shoes with the same recessed cleat as the MTB shoe, but with a top that looks more like a sneaker. These have almost the same foot retention capacity as the MTB shoe, but will look less out of place off the bike.

Then there are the DHers and the BMXers, who use shoes very similar to sneakers. No cleats, just a grippy sole that will hold on well to knobs and studs on the pedals. The preferred choice if it's important to be able to get on/off the pedals really quick.

Then there are the winter, and summer versions....

I, as a commuter, prefer the MTB style shoes. I don't mind the bike-specific design, but I need to be able to walk a few hundred yards from the bike rack to the dressing room. Winters I use winter shoes. Shoe covers work OK as long as you're in the saddle, but often wear out quickly when you're forced to walk in them.

so, basically: frst determine what type you think you need/want. then try to find one that fits your foot. Cycling shoes as a rule tends to be rather narrow in fit, so buying from a store is recommended.

Reactions: airjordans
Originally Posted by dabac .

There's almost as many answers to that as there are riders, as there's lots of room for personal preferences. For casual, short distance utility oriented riding anything goes, although I'd recommend a reasonably grippy sole and advice against sandals or any other open toe shoe.
Dedicated road riders tend to use shoes with slick soles and clasps/straps instead of strings. They often have a large cleat attached to the sole making walking(even short distances) quite awkward.

Dedicated XC MTBers (cross-country MTB) often use similar shoes although theirs have a treaded sole with a recessed cleat, making walking easier.

Not-so dedicated riders might use shoes with the same recessed cleat as the MTB shoe, but with a top that looks more like a sneaker. These have almost the same foot retention capacity as the MTB shoe, but will look less out of place off the bike.

Then there are the DHers and the BMXers, who use shoes very similar to sneakers. No cleats, just a grippy sole that will hold on well to knobs and studs on the pedals. The preferred choice if it's important to be able to get on/off the pedals really quick.

Then there are the winter, and summer versions....

I, as a commuter, prefer the MTB style shoes. I don't mind the bike-specific design, but I need to be able to walk a few hundred yards from the bike rack to the dressing room. Winters I use winter shoes. Shoe covers work OK as long as you're in the saddle, but often wear out quickly when you're forced to walk in them.

so, basically: frst determine what type you think you need/want. then try to find one that fits your foot. Cycling shoes as a rule tends to be rather narrow in fit, so buying from a store is recommended.

Well, thanks so much for your useful information, I'll try some, thanks..........