Which are you?

A disapproval of the Israeli government does not necessarily mean anti-semitism and/or a support for Palestinian suicide bombers.

velogal said:
and so an unaccredited 'news source' you post convinces you that the 'evil jews' are the puppetmasters of America? interesting. if that is true. then explain why the vast majority of jews in America belong to the democrat party - and still, with this overwhelming power of jewish puppeteering you allege, the democrats were defeated soundly in the election. did the strings on the puppet break? are you muslim? what's the basis of your thinly veiled loathing of jews?

I am a Roman Catholic in fact.

Am I anti-Jewish or anti-Semitic ?
If opposing the creation of Israel in 1948, is tantamount to being anti-Semitic,
then I am anti-Semitic.
If wanting to see the State of Israel being created elsewhere outside of the
Middle East is anti-Semitic, then I am anti-Semitic.

The issue for me here is not the creation of a Jewish homeland.
If the Jewish people want a homeland - then I have no difficulty with that.
I do have a difficulty with a Jewish homeland being created in a country
called Palestine and I have a problem with the forced displacement of hundreds of thousands of Palestinian people to accomadate the creation of
Israel.

The USA funds Israel - $12 billion of US taxpayers money goes to
Israel every year.
This accounts for 80% of the Israeli economy.
The US unequivocally supports the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land and the Israeli mistreatment of the Palestinian people.

The Ariel Sharon comment is genuine and I posted it to show that Israel and it's goverment do control US policy in the Middle East.

Are you Jewish ?

szbert said:
Velogal,
lim and fred hate jews and make up lies about having lived there and such because they are jealous. Jealous that America has no interest whatsoever in Ireland except for it's cheap labor, and Fred, he's just an old drunken liar who can't get his story straight - he pretty much just hates everyone.
Expect them to continue to fabricate lies to support their sick prejudices. It's all they've got left in their pathetic, impotent little lives. They''re undoubtedly proud to deny the Holocaust ever happened. You can just put them on your ignore list as many of us do. Thank God they're over there in the land of the irrelevant and not here or Israel.

Marion - before answering you directly.
I see you dropped the John Wayneker motif, and now you've added some
new scribbles to your signature !
You really are a muppet.

The Holocaust - yep, it happened - lots of people from different religious affiliations and nationalities, died.

Cheap labour ? It's called efficiency. More productivity, better educated workforces, a business climate which is profitable.
Fortune 500 companies are relocating here as we speak : paying good wages
too.
They understand how they're unable to be profitable in the USA, but can be profitable here.
Still your country needs some more cannon fodder for the Middle East - so when they're made unemployed, they can enlist at the local recruiting
office, eh ?

If I have posted a word of a lie about Israel or the Jewish people, feel free to highlight same, instead of making general remarks with no content.
You will see that what I have written is totally truthful.

In the meantime, can you dig up that Marion Wayneker motif again - cause it
is more apt.

keydates said:
A disapproval of the Israeli government does not necessarily mean anti-semitism and/or a support for Palestinian suicide bombers.
That's been my point all the time. Although I might have stated 'Israeli government policies and direction in a constructive method to a resolution'. A point I made the other day, or rather Sharon did was that Arafat would not be allowed to be buried in Jerusalem. Next day, what happens, suicide bomber in a street market in Tel-Aviv. This can only be interpretated as a belligerent and calculated incitement to antagonise the Palestinians irrespective of the deaths of Israeli citizens going about normal daily routine of shopping. Disgusting.

keydates said:

But notice how our American friends here seem to think that if (Europeans) make a critical comment, that we're accused of being anti-Semitic/Jewish !

This is the worry - one poster here has admitted that he has learned a lot about how Israel treats the Palestinians.
I wonder how many of his fellow US citizens know just what is going on between the Palestinians and the Israeli's and how Israel was created in
1948 ?

The fact of the matter is that the Jewish lobby in the United States has
ensured that the facts about the Middle East, and Palestine in particular,
are either not reported or censored for US citizens.

I make no apology - no apology whatsoever - for stating what is the truth
about Palestine and Israel.
The truth will out.

limerickman said:
But notice how our American friends here seem to think that if (Europeans) make a critical comment, that we're accused of being anti-Semitic/Jewish !

This is the worry - one poster here has admitted that he has learned a lot about how Israel treats the Palestinians.
I wonder how many of his fellow US citizens know just what is going on between the Palestinians and the Israeli's and how Israel was created in
1948 ?

The fact of the matter is that the Jewish lobby in the United States has
ensured that the facts about the Middle East, and Palestine in particular,
are either not reported or censored for US citizens.

I make no apology - no apology whatsoever - for stating what is the truth
about Palestine and Israel.
The truth will out.
agreed - my US mates who've lived in the eu all reflect tyhat american news of palestine is very biased.... they only realise when they get come over and see our news

Ssushi said:
agreed - my US mates who've lived in the eu all reflect tyhat american news of palestine is very biased.... they only realise when they get come over and see our news

Well, quite frankly it doesn't surprise me.
Which is a pity because I honestly believe that, while the USA points the finger at everyone else and tells us how backward we all are 'cause we don't have the latest whatever, the majority of them seems to operate in a vacuum.

Program here on Monday last - english bloke with an atlas stands on a street in New York.
Stops people and asks them to point to Africa/Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq/Europe.
Maybe 50% were able to correctly identify countries, regions.
They were pointing to Asia, when asked to identify Europe.
One pointed to Africa.

Did the same survey in Atlanta - zero, zilch. Not one person could identify one country/region.
If people can't even locate a country - how are they expected to even begin to understand the history/nuances of people/places.

I know from travelling to the USA that people were not - and I'll be charitable here - very aware of the wider world.
I think that it has got worse to be honest.

Bikerman2004 said:
FredC,
This is a most respectful post I've seen from you. Since being on this forum I've come to recognize the injustice the Palestinians live under. Stating this does not make one anti-semitic. I will say that some of your remarks do seem a bit off the cuff and can be construed as anti-semitic. Your Kerry remark somedays ago is what set me off. I do apologize for that. After some thought and watching the comments I feel that I let my anger get the best of me. I have not and will not attempt any banning. After all this is a anything goes discussion.
Apologies accepted Pikeyman, No hard feelings then, only in the morning. Positions were in place just in case to tried pull off that stunt. Needless to say that your unfounded allegations were exactly that. Without foundation. I do not write anything that I cannot substantiate in true fact. There are a few things that you don't know, and some people on this board do know who I really am.
As for off the cuff put downs, you give me a hook, and you've had it. Very difficult with these americans, they seem to brain dead and blinkered. Oh Well. Now try to get me done on our proper board. Just take it as a bit of banter, no one died having a laugh, or if they did it was a happy end. Good question, anything goes? Well in the UK and Ireland we have a healthier attitude to Humour. and we don't give a **** about God making the trains run on time.
Back to the Eurocabbage for the two Johns. and Tony. Any leeks for Neil Kinnock

limerickman said:
Well, quite frankly it doesn't surprise me.
Which is a pity because I honestly believe that, while the USA points the finger at everyone else and tells us how backward we all are 'cause we don't have the latest whatever, the majority of them seems to operate in a vacuum.

Program here on Monday last - english bloke with an atlas stands on a street in New York.
One pointed to Africa.

Did the same survey in Atlanta - zero, zilch. Not one person could identify one country/region.
If people can't even locate a country - how are they expected to even begin to understand the history/nuances of people/places.

I know from travelling to the USA that people were not - and I'll be charitable here - very aware of the wider world.
I think that it has got worse to be honest.
I'd say thats probably true, Im not being condecending to US folks but the countrys so fecking big that people dont leave - only 20% have passports.

We on the other hand are lucky, 1/2 hr flight and we are in onother country where they do things very different - you learn to appreciate this and gain interest..

You post sounds like that thing they did a while ago, only 'identify where the **** is' - these chaps were sticking the red dot pretty much anywhere other than where they should do.... heh

Ssushi said:
I'd say thats probably true, Im not being condecending to US folks but the countrys so fecking big that people dont leave - only 20% have passports.

We on the other hand are lucky, 1/2 hr flight and we are in onother country where they do things very different - you learn to appreciate this and gain interest..

You post sounds like that thing they did a while ago, only 'identify where the **** is' - these chaps were sticking the red dot pretty much anywhere other than where they should do.... heh
That explains all. The women eat a lot, and shop a lot to get some satisfaction.
Half hour flight different country. Clits are in the same place. Do tongues have eyes? No, but ears here sounds coming in. I'm off!!

limerickman said:
One pointed to Africa.

Yeah I watched that too. The guy pointed to West Africa when asked to point to the British Isles, and the UK is meant to be America's main ally in this ridiculous war in Iraq. Like you say, if their awareness of the rest of the world is that poor, no wonder their foreign policy is rather ropey.

A similar attitude is evident when you fill in a form online and you have to fill in the "What state do you live in?" box, even if you are not from the US. This has happened to me susprisingly often.

The other day I spoke to an American online and she asked me where I study. I said, "Oxford", and she replied, "ah, in Connecticut". :confused:

mjw_byrne said:
Yeah I watched that too. The guy pointed to West Africa when asked to point to the British Isles, and the UK is meant to be America's main ally in this ridiculous war in Iraq. Like you say, if their awareness of the rest of the world is that poor, no wonder their foreign policy is rather ropey.

A similar attitude is evident when you fill in a form online and you have to fill in the "What state do you live in?" box, even if you are not from the US. This has happened to me susprisingly often.

The other day I spoke to an American online and she asked me where I study. I said, "Oxford", and she replied, "ah, in Connecticut". :confused:
I used to work for a US company in the UK - they used the terms: US and OUS to describe their 'Global' business - FYI OUS = Outside US

I was actually quite insulted...

limerickman said:
Marion - before answering you directly.
I see you dropped the John Wayneker motif, and now you've added some
new scribbles to your signature !
You really are a muppet.

The Holocaust - yep, it happened - lots of people from different religious affiliations and nationalities, died.

Cheap labour ? It's called efficiency. More productivity, better educated workforces, a business climate which is profitable.
Fortune 500 companies are relocating here as we speak : paying good wages
too.
They understand how they're unable to be profitable in the USA, but can be profitable here.
Still your country needs some more cannon fodder for the Middle East - so when they're made unemployed, they can enlist at the local recruiting
office, eh ?

If I have posted a word of a lie about Israel or the Jewish people, feel free to highlight same, instead of making general remarks with no content.
You will see that what I have written is totally truthful.

In the meantime, can you dig up that Marion Wayneker motif again - cause it
is more apt.
Yeah, szbert seems to change his sig about every week after the absurdity of it is pointed out by one or all of us. We ought to charge him for our services. :rolleyes:

FredC said:
Sorry Girl,
Polemicism is a method of tripping, or entrapment for ulterior purposes. On the other hand a sociopath is a bit like the gossiper who waylays the neighbours and passes on fabrications in great volumes, which take on a new flavour as it moves, and is barely recognisable in a finality of the tissues of unsubstantiated lies. I will answer a few questions that you have previously asked. With a name like Fred, I am not a Palestinian. I am a Roman Catholic. Now here's something for you, I lived in Israel and the West Bank for two years, what concerns me is the quality of life that is being eroded on both sides. Limerickmans transcript from Kol Yisrael from the Knesset cabinet is Kosher. Otherwise he wouldn't dare publish it. I am sick of saying that I am not at all anti semitic. Only that the Americans should put pressure on the Israeli goverment to conform to the 'Road Map for peace'. Where's that disappeared!!!
If this situation can be back on the table with some serious intent then the terrorist threat against America will diminish somewhat. You are entitled to call me anti semitic, but I don't think you find any evidence from my previous postings. If you do then let me know. Now I really must move on to writing about the Eurocabbage. Tony Bliar....Oh congrats george... no new e-mail address then.etc I hope this puts you sleep, or should I send for the vet?
Come on girl we've got you cast in movie.
very well thought out & written post. They are few & far between, at times. Who was it that said "The fact's ma'am, just the fact's" :confused:

Very difficult with these americans, they seem to brain dead and blinkered.
Don't you mean "some" of these americans. Your not making a broad generalization are you :confused: , because if you are then you will be in error.

philhudson said:
Im thinking we are getting very off topic..........
There only is one topic in the Soap Box...discussing what an **** Bush is.

every thread, no matter what its title is, eventually turns out this way.

davidmc said:
Don't you mean "some" of these americans. Your not making a broad generalization are you :confused: , because if you are then you will be in error.
yep, most Americans are decent, intellegent and warm people like many on this forum...and then you have republican, racist, facist, homos like bert/marion.