Which bicycle company SUCKS the most?

szbert said:
I've had crappy experience with a few bike companies, and hate the products of a few others. All in all, most are OK.

So which one did you have bad experience with?
I ride a Pinarello. Bought the frame from GVH bikes and had him build it with Ultegra. No problems after two years (knock on wood). The bike co I dislike the most is Cannondale. What's with all their crappy parts? And model numbers R400-R5000 and the hideous paint schemes that go along with them? I'm sure the CAAD7 is a great frame (and I have seen some beauties), but they seem to really push pre-assembeld bikes that are littered with heavy and cheap comonents. FYI on Trek. A buddy of mine cracked his 8 year old frame and the company gave him a brand new 2300 frameset (full carbon fork and integrated headset too) to replace the old one, no questions asked...
:cool:

So much resentment for Trek.

They have never let me down... Thus, they made me a dedicated customer and cyclist of their bikes.

I'm curious to hear everyone's 'hate' stories about Trek....

Surprisingly few bad votes for Specialized and lots of votes for Lemond which is a fairly small company.
TrekDedicated said:
So much resentment for Trek.

They have never let me down... Thus, they made me a dedicated customer and cyclist of their bikes.

I'm curious to hear everyone's 'hate' stories about Trek....

My guess is that if you did a "Which bicycle company is BEST?" poll the results would be the same. Trek first, Cannondale second and so on. That's always the way it goes.

szbert said:
Surprisingly few bad votes for Specialized...

surprisingly? Specialized's stump works groups makes some of the trickest stuff out there, very creative engineering, innovative designs. The roubaix is widely considered one of the best frames in the world for the category of comfortable-geometry-w/o-much-speed-trade-off frames. And they aren't owned by Trek.

Ok I am ready to guess. I say Hoover Bikes suck the most. If they don't actually make one I digress. :cool:

Perhaps the Euros would think that Electrolux bicycles REALLY Suck, but with style.

jhuskey said:
Ok I am ready to guess. I say Hoover Bikes suck the most. If they don't actually make one I digress. :cool:

bishan said:
Perhaps the Euros would think that Electrolux bicycles REALLY Suck, but with style.

I didn't know they made one. I'll bet that sucker has 12 different seat post attachments.

Yes, but much like the Electrolux in our house, once you demonstrate you know how to use it, your wife will expect you to use it all the time.

My Colnago will get lonely:)

jhuskey said:
I didn't know they made one. I'll bet that sucker has 12 different seat post attachments.

Just noticed you're from the Great Smokey Mountains. Spent a lot of time there when I was stationed at Fort Bragg. Used to ride up there as often as I could. Gawd that's some beautiful riding!

jhuskey said:

Cannondale sucks eggs! Frame cracked on my Six13 three weeks after I got it. Cannondale wouldn't cover it, LBS was stuck. I had to go buy a new frame (Colnago Dream) and build my own bike. It was like taking $2,000 and burning it.

jhuskey said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishan

Funny enough, they apparently did make bikes (at least their Husqvarna division did)!!:p

http://www.electrolux.com/node408.asp

serenaslu said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishan

Funny enough, they apparently did make bikes (at least their Husqvarna division did)!!:p

http://www.electrolux.com/node408.asp

NEXT! ( as in what you say two weeks later when it falls apart!!)
I know - don't buy bikes from Walmart or toystores but I was inexperienced and broke all those 6 months ago.

The bike left me sprawled in an intersection when the pedal crank snapped off before I could afford a real bike.

Fotuneately Walmart took it back- the gift card bought the tires and tubes I needed for my thrift shop cutie. Except for the bruises and road rash, I feel lucky I've traded up !

I just got back from the big local LBS and saw some Haro there. I'm not familiar with them, but they were pricey and nice looking.

Do you have experience with them?

aa9t8 said:
so in the states haro bikes are department store bikes?

i bought a haro ics 4.0 very lite cross country bike. 27 pounds has been a very good ride. i believe that haro is better known for their bmx bikes. my wife has a flat bar road bike that they make with the veloz name? can not remember why they hadda go under a different name. it would be disapointing to see them go the way of schwin etc.

I certainly won't complain about Trek. My Reynolds 531 framed Trek has been going for more than 23 years now. Ride it almost daily.

In Serbia you can buy new bike for about 100 euro. They bild hard tail or full suspensor but you don't want to drive that bike off-road. about western comp. i don't like SCOTT.

I say Norco because their bikes are so freakin' heavy, and they claim to have a super short 16" chain stays on trials bikes where Monty has them for 15". Also they have a terrible customer service.