Which Bike for Buffalo Springs Half IM

cbs

Guest
I have decided to move up to a half IM this year and would love some
recommendations on which bike to use. I have both a tri geometry
Cannondale (multisport with 650CC wheels) and a Trek Y-Foil (road
geometry with 700cc wheels). I would like to hear what the vetrans
have to say about which is the best bike for this course (or for a 1/2
in general). While the Trek is a "nicer" and more comfortable bike,
it is not the bike I have typically done tri's with. Also, I would
like to log most of my miles on the bike I plan to do the race on.
Thanks for the advice!

It's not about the bike.

Stan

"cbs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have decided to move up to a half IM this year and would love some
> recommendations on which bike to use. I have both a tri geometry
> Cannondale (multisport with 650CC wheels) and a Trek Y-Foil (road
> geometry with 700cc wheels). I would like to hear what the vetrans
> have to say about which is the best bike for this course (or for a 1/2
> in general). While the Trek is a "nicer" and more comfortable bike,
> it is not the bike I have typically done tri's with. Also, I would
> like to log most of my miles on the bike I plan to do the race on.
> Thanks for the advice!

true - as you say...I've Felt 75, it's cheap bike I bought for training
only, but as I see now is good for races too...I only add triathlon bars...
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
S pozdravem
Sgt Pepper
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

"StanSD" <[email protected]> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
news:[email protected]...
> It's not about the bike.
>
> Stan
>
> "cbs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >I have decided to move up to a half IM this year and would love some
> > recommendations on which bike to use. I have both a tri geometry
> > Cannondale (multisport with 650CC wheels) and a Trek Y-Foil (road
> > geometry with 700cc wheels). I would like to hear what the vetrans
> > have to say about which is the best bike for this course (or for a 1/2
> > in general). While the Trek is a "nicer" and more comfortable bike,
> > it is not the bike I have typically done tri's with. Also, I would
> > like to log most of my miles on the bike I plan to do the race on.
> > Thanks for the advice!
> >

> As additional information, I have discovered after some personal research
> that the biggest motor is definitely not the best.

My wife tells me that a lot... maybe she's just trying to be nice but I
sure like to hear it
Eric

> As additional information, I have discovered after some personal
research
> that the biggest motor is definitely not the best.

My wife tells me that a lot... maybe she's just trying to be nice but I
sure like to hear it
Eric

I would like to hear what the vetrans
> have to say about which is the best bike for this course

I thought I give you a serious reply as well as being a clown.
I'd recommend comfort above all else. For me it's all about having the
right-sized bike with proper fitting. I have lots of spine trouble so
fit is extra important to me. When I rack the back I still gotta slog
through the run... so comfort is essential
Eric

Eric <[email protected]> wrote in news:uP%Fd.1615$dG4.1603
@fe37.usenetserver.com:

> > As additional information, I have discovered after some personal

> research
> > that the biggest motor is definitely not the best.

> My wife tells me that a lot... maybe she's just trying to be nice but I
> sure like to hear it
> Eric

HA! Good one!

Agreed with most of the people here that the best motor is what you want.
And also train that motor for the hills as there are plenty of them on the
course. :)

Coach "Iron" Pete
Triathlon and Ultramarathon Coach
Web: www.ironpete.com