Which Bike Is Best Suitable For Me ?

PHSSLL

Sep 6, 2006
First of i would like to say hello to everyone as this is my first post!

i am a long distance runner who is looking to get into triathlons/duathlons and therefore require a bike i dont want dedicated tri bike as i will need to put in some training on it also
i have been looking at these and would appreciate some imput from experienced riders and users

Giant TCR compact road bike with carbon bladed forks, full campag veloce triple groupset 52/42/30 with 9sd 12/23 , mavic cxp 21 rims / hutchinson reflex tyres

OR

Felt F55 Road Bike,Full 2006 10 speed Shimao Dura Ace Group Set,Carbon Bars and Seat Pin,

OR

Cannondale racing bike. CAD 3, 51cm aluminium frame with Coda carbon Slice fork. Handbuilt Pete Matthews wheels with Hope Titanium hubs and s'steel blade spokes on deep section Pianni rims. Flite Titanium saddle on X-Lite Clikon seat post. 9 speed Dura-ace block and Dura-ace front STI brake levers/changers. Ultegra; rear deraileur, cranks and chain rings, SPD pedals, head-set, front shifter and bottom bracket. RX100 brakes. Continental GP tyres.

OR

Principia T28 (size 50cm c/c)Alloy frame, full carbon forks/aero carbon seat pin Dura ace group set (9 speed), carbon cosmic wheels

all bikes are same size and similar price £400 second hand but as new condition only slight use please advice me as i am really struggling to decide on which one and basically i dont want to end up choosing one based on just the colour scheme :)

many thanks paul

The Felt has excellent components (Dura Ace - very nice) and tend to be very well received / reviewed.

Giant also good value and although it's very personal I just think they do the best effort at maintaining the 'bang for the buck' ratio. I like their styling too, although the compact frames are a bit of a personal taste issue. I would have the Giant although it's more a tie breaker on appearance really.

Not a Cannodale fan, have read some less than complimentary reviews about longetivity of their frames. A lot of people 'grind their axes' so it's always hard to know what the straight facts are. But it would put me in another direction.

Your fourth one I haven't come across much and I would swerve it on that basis alone.

many thanks for your valuable opinion it will make my choice a little easier hopefully!

any one else have any views on these bikes ???