Which bike should I get??

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Flying_tuur, Mar 25, 2003.

  1. Flying_tuur

    Flying_tuur Guest

    Hey,

    As being just a MTB newbie, I want to by me a bike, not too expensive, for some XC riding. I am
    hesitating between the following offers I can get..

    Specialized Rockhopper Comp FS '02 £549.99 via the internet Specialized Rockhopper '03 (the basic
    one) £549.99 at local dealer

    Trek 4500 '03 £399.99 at Local Dealer

    Canondale Terra '02 £499.99 via the internet

    Anything alse???

    I am looking for a front suspension bike (can't afford a good full suspension), my budget would
    normally be under £500, but I can of course try to stretch it a little bit if it is really worth is.
    What choice should I make, or is anyone aware of better offers? The bike has to be delivered in
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.

    Thanks a lot...

    FT

    Tags:

  2. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Take the rockhopper03 at the dealer. It will be less risk than the internet deal and they will treat
    you well with tuneups and such. Also, the frame for the rockhopper is very solid and can be a great
    keeper if you plan on upgrading parts.