Which bike should I get??

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Flying_tuur, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flying_tuur

Flying_tuur Guest

Hey,

As being just a MTB newbie, I want to by me a bike, not too expensive, for some XC riding. I am
    hesitating between the following offers I can get..

Specialized Rockhopper Comp FS '02 £549.99 via the internet Specialized Rockhopper '03 (the basic
    one) £549.99 at local dealer

Trek 4500 '03 £399.99 at Local Dealer

Canondale Terra '02 £499.99 via the internet

Anything alse???

I am looking for a front suspension bike (can't afford a good full suspension), my budget would
    normally be under £500, but I can of course try to stretch it a little bit if it is really worth is.
    What choice should I make, or is anyone aware of better offers? The bike has to be delivered in
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.

Thanks a lot...

FT

Tags:

2. Tom

Tom Guest

Take the rockhopper03 at the dealer. It will be less risk than the internet deal and they will treat
    you well with tuneups and such. Also, the frame for the rockhopper is very solid and can be a great
    keeper if you plan on upgrading parts.

Flying_Tuur wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > As being just a MTB newbie, I want to by me a bike, not too expensive, for some XC riding. I am
    > hesitating between the following offers I can get..
    >
    > Specialized Rockhopper Comp FS '02 £549.99 via the internet Specialized Rockhopper '03 (the basic
    > one) £549.99 at local dealer
    >
    > Trek 4500 '03 £399.99 at Local Dealer
    >
    > Canondale Terra '02 £499.99 via the internet
    >
    > Anything alse???
    >
    > I am looking for a front suspension bike (can't afford a good full suspension), my budget would
    > normally be under £500, but I can of course try to stretch it a little bit if it is really worth
    > is. What choice should I make, or is anyone aware of better offers? The bike has to be delivered
    > in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
    >
    > Thanks a lot...
    >
    >
    > FT
    >
    >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.