Which bike to buy? Recommendations please!!

birdman23

Aug 11, 2003
I have $2000 to buy a new bike. I am really torn because I want to get the most bang for my buck. I have looked at Felt, Cannondale, Trek, Specialized, etc. and they all have good bikes for $2000 with Ultegra groups. However I have seen some other bikes like Douglas that have Dura-Ace groups for around $2,000.
My question is if you had $2000 bucks what bike would you buy?

Remember I am not asking for an analysis of my riding style or needs, I simply want to know what other people would do if they had $2000 to spend on a new bike.

Thanks in advance!

Right now one choice would be the litespeed Firenze,cervelo super prodigy,good bang for your buck,Fuji Roubaix Pro and check out the felts.

Originally posted by shokhead1
Right now one choice would be the litespeed Firenze,cervelo super prodigy,good bang for your buck,Fuji Roubaix Pro and check out the felts.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know Litespeed had a Ti bike in the $2000 range.

Three words... Classic....Steel....Comfort. For 2 grand US? you should have a lot to look at. Upgrading a Ultegtra drivetrain is a waste of money unless you're a really good racer. Check out Rivendall--- although I don't know if you can keep it under 2 grand there. I do know that in ten years, a nice steel bike will still be worth riding.

well, personally, i would hit up ebay, and go for a giant tcr composite 0... they are such awesome bikes. if you cant find a whole one used, do it in parts, dura ace set and the frame itself.... then get some wheels.... would work, thats how i would do it

Originally posted by HobieDude16
well, personally, i would hit up ebay, and go for a giant tcr composite 0... they are such awesome bikes. if you cant find a whole one used, do it in parts, dura ace set and the frame itself.... then get some wheels.... would work, thats how i would do it

I've read about a ton of scams on eBay with high end bikes so that makes me a little leary, although I have found some great deals on eBay. Case in point I got a brand new pair of Sidi Titan's for $45.