Which bike to buy? Recommendations please!!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by birdman23, Feb 24, 2004.

1. birdman23

birdman23 New Member

I have $2000 to buy a new bike. I am really torn because I want to get the most bang for my buck. I have looked at Felt, Cannondale, Trek, Specialized, etc. and they all have good bikes for $2000 with Ultegra groups. However I have seen some other bikes like Douglas that have Dura-Ace groups for around $2,000.
    My question is if you had $2000 bucks what bike would you buy?

Remember I am not asking for an analysis of my riding style or needs, I simply want to know what other people would do if they had $2000 to spend on a new bike.

Thanks in advance!

Tags:

2. shokhead1

shokhead1 New Member

Right now one choice would be the litespeed Firenze,cervelo super prodigy,good bang for your buck,Fuji Roubaix Pro and check out the felts.

3. birdman23

birdman23 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know Litespeed had a Ti bike in the $2000 range.

4. shokhead1

shokhead1 New Member

5. tacomee

tacomee New Member

Three words... Classic....Steel....Comfort. For 2 grand US? you should have a lot to look at. Upgrading a Ultegtra drivetrain is a waste of money unless you're a really good racer. Check out Rivendall--- although I don't know if you can keep it under 2 grand there. I do know that in ten years, a nice steel bike will still be worth riding.

6. HobieDude16

HobieDude16 New Member

well, personally, i would hit up ebay, and go for a giant tcr composite 0... they are such awesome bikes. if you cant find a whole one used, do it in parts, dura ace set and the frame itself.... then get some wheels.... would work, thats how i would do it

7. birdman23

birdman23 New Member

I've read about a ton of scams on eBay with high end bikes so that makes me a little leary, although I have found some great deals on eBay. Case in point I got a brand new pair of Sidi Titan's for $45.