Which Bike Would You Get?

Randomus

Jul 10, 2005
I am going to test ride the following bikes tomorrow, but was curious which one would be your personal preference:

Felt F55
Felt F65
Felt F5C
Fuji Team Pro
Fuji Roubaix Pro

Each bike has pros and cons that I am heavily considering. If I ride through the occassional pot hole, or crash, would the aluminum or carbon be better for me? I do, after all, occasionally crash. :mad:

I may even get something cheaper, depending what I find most comfortable. Racing really isn't my objective - I just want something to climb some hills with. :)

Cheers! :cool:

What a choice. Got to admit the F55 with the dura-ace running gear and carbon stays looks a pretty sweet ride. I know felt has sold out of most of its bikes so i guess it depends what your LBS has in stock and what feels most comfortable to ride.

I just picked up a Scott Speedster S10 but my choice was made because the frame geometry suited me best. Had a professional bike fit as I had knee problems. What a difference from my specialized allez elite

Good luck with it

I've only heard really special things about the Felt F55, I don't think you can go wrong with it. Great bike, great value, and great reviews from almost all that have ridden it.:)

I currently ride an 04 Felt F45 and I am going to buy another Felt for my back up bike. I am considering the F4C, but it was a tough choice between that and the F55. Since the 45 and 55 are virtually the same bike I thought I would give the full carbon frame a try as it is just $200 more than the F55 and my local LBS has quite a few in stock and I have not seen any F55's locally.

These are the manf. weights for each Felt road bike, but the actual weight is a little more than manf. list.

2006 Models, 56cm frame size

F1C 15 lbs.
F2C 16.7 lbs
F3C 17.5 lbs.
F4C 18 lbs.
F5C 18.4 lbs.
F55 18.2 lbs.
F65 18.9 lbs.
F75 19.7 lbs.

Randomus said:
I am going to test ride the following bikes tomorrow, but was curious which one would be your personal preference:

Felt F55
Felt F65
Felt F5C
Fuji Team Pro
Fuji Roubaix Pro

How about none of the above.

Try a Cannondale Six Thirteen - both aluminum and carbon. Weights less than 16 lbs with pedals and climbs like a goat and decends steeps stable like a railroad track.

vascdoc said:
How about none of the above.

Try a Cannondale Six Thirteen - both aluminum and carbon. Weights less than 16 lbs with pedals and climbs like a goat and decends steeps stable like a railroad track.
That is a very nice bike in the the low $3K range and was on my "consider list."

Just ride'm, cause everyones got there favorite. but if you like to crash (and who wouldn't), stick with alum or even steel, they both can be repaired. As does Felt, there are many aluminum frames out there that are worthy. :)

Why are you only considering Felts and Fujis... there are a bazillion bikes in your price range...