Which Bike?

Cyclist14

Oct 13, 2004
Scott CR1 Team $2,300

Felt F55 $2,100

The Scott has an awesome frame and the Felt has great components. Which is more impotant, the Frame or the Components?

I'd go for the frame over the components, because you'd have to expect the frame to last longer.

I say go with the Felt. Aluminum is more likely to last a longer time, and the components are far better. Not to mention it is 200 dollars less.
But thats just my humble opinion, and I am pretty new so.

You have a good point, but Aluminium has a shorter fatigue life ( Five Years) and I can always upgrade the componetry on the scott which has a nice carbon frame.

Well, I don't really know a lot yet, but why not just go for the Felt F2C? It has the features (mostly or all DuraAce I think) and the carbon frame. If it was anywhere near my budget, that's what I would get.

Cyclist14 said:
Aluminium has a shorter fatigue life ( Five Years) .

Good god, who told you that nonsense? The lack of a fatigue strength limit in aluminum is nothing more than a design constraint.

Cyclist14 said:
You have a good point, but Aluminium has a shorter fatigue life ( Five Years) and I can always upgrade the componetry on the scott which has a nice carbon frame.
And what do you suppose the fatigue life on a 2lb carbon frame is?