Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Which Campy chain for 2001 Record drivetrain ?

Started by Lou D'Amelio · · Last activity · 4 posts · 616 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
12 December 2006
Last activity
12 December 2006
Original author
Lou D'Amelio
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
616
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to confirm before buying.
    My primary ride is a mix of 2000/2001 Record and Chorus 10 speed. It's
    time for a new chain. Will the new 5.9 mm chains work with this ? If
    so, which run better, the 5.9's or the 6.2's ? Also, while I have some
    experts reading, which quick-connect links work with 11 t cogs? A few
    years ago, I had problems with Wipperman and SRAM links skipping on the
    11of an 11-23 cassette. I sold those wheels for other reasons, but want
    to run an 11-23 on my race wheels next season. Despite my love for
    (almost) all things Campagnolo, all of their proprietary chain joining
    systems have been a pain in the ass and I prefer to stick with a
    quick-connect link.

    TIA for replies, happy holidays.....................

    Lou D'Amelio

  2. Lou D'Amelio said:

    I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to confirm before buying.
    My primary ride is a mix of 2000/2001 Record and Chorus 10 speed. It's
    time for a new chain. Will the new 5.9 mm chains work with this ?

    Yes, of course. Campag 10s spacing hasn't changed since it was
    introduced in 2000.

    If

    Quoted message said:

    so, which run better, the 5.9's or the 6.2's ?

    Both work,5.9 are a little quieter..

    Also, while I have some

    Quoted message said:

    experts reading, which quick-connect links work with 11 t cogs?

    Yes, the wipperman but it does have an 'yp' and 'down'..the most gentle
    curve of the link goes toward the cogs.

    A few

    Quoted message said:

    years ago, I had problems with Wipperman and SRAM links skipping on the
    11of an 11-23 cassette. I sold those wheels for other reasons, but want
    to run an 11-23 on my race wheels next season. Despite my love for
    (almost) all things Campagnolo, all of their proprietary chain joining
    systems have been a pain in the ass and I prefer to stick with a
    quick-connect link.

    TIA for replies, happy holidays.....................

    Lou D'Amelio

  3. Qui si parla Campagnolo said:
    Lou D'Amelio said:

    I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to confirm before buying.
    My primary ride is a mix of 2000/2001 Record and Chorus 10 speed. It's
    time for a new chain. Will the new 5.9 mm chains work with this ?

    Yes, of course. Campag 10s spacing hasn't changed since it was
    introduced in 2000.

    If

    Quoted message said:

    so, which run better, the 5.9's or the 6.2's ?

    Both work,5.9 are a little quieter..

    Also, while I have some

    Quoted message said:

    experts reading, which quick-connect links work with 11 t cogs?

    Yes, the wipperman but it does have an 'yp' and 'down'..the most gentle
    curve of the link goes toward the cogs.

    That's correct. Read the instruction that comes with the link.

    Lou
    --
    Posted by news://news.nb.nu

  4. On 12 Dec 2006 03:28:37 -0800, "Lou D'Amelio" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to confirm before buying.
    My primary ride is a mix of 2000/2001 Record and Chorus 10 speed. It's
    time for a new chain. Will the new 5.9 mm chains work with this ? If
    so, which run better, the 5.9's or the 6.2's ? Also, while I have some
    experts reading, which quick-connect links work with 11 t cogs? A few
    years ago, I had problems with Wipperman and SRAM links skipping on the
    11of an 11-23 cassette. I sold those wheels for other reasons, but want
    to run an 11-23 on my race wheels next season. Despite my love for
    (almost) all things Campagnolo, all of their proprietary chain joining
    systems have been a pain in the ass and I prefer to stick with a
    quick-connect link.

    TIA for replies, happy holidays.....................

    You can use the 5.9 mm chain w/o problem. I am told that they run
    quieter but my hearing is so bad, I'd never know. The Wipperman link
    is the best one to use/re-use. It actually has a left and right side
    and will skip on small cogs unless installed properly. The Wipp. will
    disconnect easiest, even when dirty.

    I've been most pleased with KMC DX10S. This is a narrow, 10sp chain
    and it comes with a link that works fine. It co$ts like Shimano 105
    but looks like Ultegra. I'd rate it a 'best buy'.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.