Which Campy chain for 2001 Record drivetrain ?

Lou D'Amelio

Guest
I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to confirm before buying.
My primary ride is a mix of 2000/2001 Record and Chorus 10 speed. It's
time for a new chain. Will the new 5.9 mm chains work with this ? If
so, which run better, the 5.9's or the 6.2's ? Also, while I have some
experts reading, which quick-connect links work with 11 t cogs? A few
years ago, I had problems with Wipperman and SRAM links skipping on the
11of an 11-23 cassette. I sold those wheels for other reasons, but want
to run an 11-23 on my race wheels next season. Despite my love for
(almost) all things Campagnolo, all of their proprietary chain joining
systems have been a pain in the ass and I prefer to stick with a
quick-connect link.

TIA for replies, happy holidays.....................

Lou D'Amelio

Lou D'Amelio wrote:
> I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to confirm before buying.
> My primary ride is a mix of 2000/2001 Record and Chorus 10 speed. It's
> time for a new chain. Will the new 5.9 mm chains work with this ?

Yes, of course. Campag 10s spacing hasn't changed since it was
introduced in 2000.

If
> so, which run better, the 5.9's or the 6.2's ?

Both work,5.9 are a little quieter..

Also, while I have some
> experts reading, which quick-connect links work with 11 t cogs?

Yes, the wipperman but it does have an 'yp' and 'down'..the most gentle
curve of the link goes toward the cogs.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Lou D'Amelio wrote:
>
>>I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to confirm before buying.
>>My primary ride is a mix of 2000/2001 Record and Chorus 10 speed. It's
>>time for a new chain. Will the new 5.9 mm chains work with this ?

> Yes, of course. Campag 10s spacing hasn't changed since it was
> introduced in 2000.
>
> If
>
>>so, which run better, the 5.9's or the 6.2's ?

> Both work,5.9 are a little quieter..
>
> Also, while I have some
>
>>experts reading, which quick-connect links work with 11 t cogs?

> Yes, the wipperman but it does have an 'yp' and 'down'..the most gentle
> curve of the link goes toward the cogs.

That's correct. Read the instruction that comes with the link.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

On 12 Dec 2006 03:28:37 -0800, "Lou D'Amelio" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to confirm before buying.
>My primary ride is a mix of 2000/2001 Record and Chorus 10 speed. It's
>time for a new chain. Will the new 5.9 mm chains work with this ? If
>so, which run better, the 5.9's or the 6.2's ? Also, while I have some
>experts reading, which quick-connect links work with 11 t cogs? A few
>years ago, I had problems with Wipperman and SRAM links skipping on the
>11of an 11-23 cassette. I sold those wheels for other reasons, but want
>to run an 11-23 on my race wheels next season. Despite my love for
>(almost) all things Campagnolo, all of their proprietary chain joining
>systems have been a pain in the ass and I prefer to stick with a
>quick-connect link.
>
>TIA for replies, happy holidays.....................

You can use the 5.9 mm chain w/o problem. I am told that they run
quieter but my hearing is so bad, I'd never know. The Wipperman link
is the best one to use/re-use. It actually has a left and right side
and will skip on small cogs unless installed properly. The Wipp. will
disconnect easiest, even when dirty.

I've been most pleased with KMC DX10S. This is a narrow, 10sp chain
and it comes with a link that works fine. It co$ts like Shimano 105
but looks like Ultegra. I'd rate it a 'best buy'.