Which cars can fit two bicycles?

In article <[email protected]>, Stephen Harding
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Station wagons are a vanishing breed. Toyota (still???), VW, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, and Ford
>(Taurus) come to mind (along with the Subaru).

Toyota's wagon is the Matrix, also sold as the Pontiac Vibe. Ford also sells the Focus wagon as
well as the Taurus wagon. There are also the Mazda Protege5 and Suzuki Aerio wagons, but they are
very small.

Timothy J. Lee Unsolicited bulk or commercial email is not welcome. No warranty of any kind is
provided with this message.

"Pete Hickey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%%[email protected]...

> I think that all this discussion shows that just about any car can cary 2 bicycles, so do your
> car-choosing on other parameters.

Yup, but to many people it just doesn't look as cool as an SUV with a brand name sports rack, and
brand-name bikes proudly displayed. I get a kick out of people who strap their mountain bike upright
in the middle of a pickup truck bed, as if it were a motorcycle, so everyone can see how cool it is.

Matt O.

>Yup, but to many people it just doesn't look as cool as an SUV with a brand name sports rack, and
>brand-name bikes proudly displayed. I get a kick out of people who strap their mountain bike
>upright in the middle of a pickup truck bed, as if it were a motorcycle, so everyone can see how
>cool it is.
>
>Matt O.

Sounds like you have issues. Or jealousy, or both?

I mounted a fork mount rail at the front of my pickup bed so I pop the front wheel off and can hold
three bikes upright easy. Not showing the bikes off, just transporting them around.

If you think myself and others are showing off our bikes because we want to be cool, man you have
some kind of issues.

We drive to the car wash and pressure wash them down in the bed. Easy as pie. You should try it.

"Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]> wrote
> I get a kick out of people who strap their mountain bike upright in the middle of a pickup truck
> bed, as if it were a motorcycle, so everyone can see how cool it is.
>
> Matt O.

Not to be cool, just so it doesn't slide around when laid flat. Actually, it's upright near the
side. I built a little wooden rack in the back to hold a coupla bikes.

Tried putting it crosswise just behind the cab, but you have to keep the handlebars from vibrating
against the back window.

Pete

[email protected] wrote:
> s.
>
> We drive to the car wash and pressure wash them down in the bed. Easy as pie. You should try it.

Pressure washing is REALLY bad for bicycles. <G>

Barry