Which computer to chose?

iced_theater

Aug 3, 2007
I just ordered a new bike and will like to put a speedometer/odometer computer on it. I'm just not sure which to buy. Having one that can do odometer, speed, trip, average speed is all I think I'd need. Is a wireless more or less preferable to a wire style computer? Finally cost is a big factor, I don't want to spend too much money.

iced_theater said:
I just ordered a new bike and will like to put a speedometer/odometer computer on it. I'm just not sure which to buy. Having one that can do odometer, speed, trip, average speed is all I think I'd need. Is a wireless more or less preferable to a wire style computer? Finally cost is a big factor, I don't want to spend too much money.
I prefer the Cayeye Astrale 8. It is reasonably priced, it does everything I want and it is very durable.

I used a wal-mart computer but the buttons fell off before it was three weeks old.

iced_theater said:
I used to buy cat-eyes and avocet for that but I found that you can buy a schwinn computer at walmart for about 10 bucks that works fine for that...
I have had mine a year and it hasn't died where the others would have died by now... the avocet actually broke during a ride and lasted less than a summer...

I use a Cateye micro wireless. It's around 50 or 60 US dollars. It's been good for me. Can't comment on interference from other sources, although my speed did register 59 mph once while waiting on a traffic signal. It was no big deal.

http://www.cateye.com/

I bought the Wally world ones for my kids bikes, both craped out. I have Cat Eye on my and my wifes bikes and all have been great, and one thats 7yrs old is still working fine.