which computrainer?

genedoc

Aug 15, 2006
I was thinking of buying a Kurt pro fluid trainer for ~$400 with power meter, but discovered the Fortius computrainer for ~$1000. It seems like there's a lot more possibilities with the computrainer - in terms of avoiding boredom - than the "standard" fluid trainer and my vote is leaning towards high tech. There seems to be a few computrainers out there. Does anyone have experience with more than one of these gadgets, or has done enough research to opine on which might be best for the money?

Get a regular fluid trainer. They cost less, last long, and you can put a power meter on there to see how many watts your pulling.
If you enjoy cycling competivity like I do theres no such thing as being bored when your on the saddle :D, just have a planned training schedule and it should keep you occupied on the trainer. If its really boring and your doing this for fitness blast some music or put the trainer in front of the tv.
Going back to picking a trainer, go the fluid trainer way its cheaper and you can do just as many different methods of training on it as you can on the computer one.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. The magic of the computrainer is the ability to dial in a defined wattage resistance that you need to work against. Once you have determined your power zones, there is no more efficient way to train. Not even subject to debate...

ackgot said:
Get a regular fluid trainer. They cost less, last long, and you can put a power meter on there to see how many watts your pulling.
If you enjoy cycling competivity like I do theres no such thing as being bored when your on the saddle :D, just have a planned training schedule and it should keep you occupied on the trainer. If its really boring and your doing this for fitness blast some music or put the trainer in front of the tv.
Going back to picking a trainer, go the fluid trainer way its cheaper and you can do just as many different methods of training on it as you can on the computer one.

"competivity"? :)

ackgot said: