Which cuttable hose for old Shimano XT disk brakes?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Peter Thompson, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. I have a set of Shimano XT disk brakes a couple of years old that came with steel braded hoses. Want
    to put them on a black bike and would like to fit black cuttable hoses but there appear to be two
    types M755 and M756 and I don't know which is the one I should order. Anyone help? Thanks peter

    Tags:

  2. Onefred

    Onefred Guest

    "PETER THOMPSON" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a set of Shimano XT disk brakes a couple of years old that came
    with
    > steel braded hoses. Want to put them on a black bike and would like to fit black cuttable
    hoses
    > but there appear to be two types M755 and M756 and I don't know which is
    the
    > one I should order. Anyone help? Thanks peter

    I think it depends on the type of brake lever that you have. If you have the M755 levers then get
    the M755 hose. If you have the M756 levers, get the M756 hose. It sounds like you have the M755
    levers and I thought these only accepted the braided hoses. But, I'm unsure.

    Dave