Which do u prefer?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by BLDR, Jun 2, 2004.

1. MojoHead

MojoHead New Member

MTB, mainly for their ruggedness and ability to go most anywhere.

2. loadedcarp

loadedcarp New Member

MTB for mostly the reasons already mentioned. I love the 'exploring' feeling with MTB'ing.

3. hophead

hophead New Member

Mountain all the way. I don't even own a road bike. I've toyed with the idea of getting one, but I've had some bad experiences on the road. Too many A-holes in 4 wheelers. I do ride the road on a small local mountain when the trails are closed. I have a second set of wheels with road tires that I throw on my XC bike.

4. DarrylZ

DarrylZ New Member

I do both and presently more road than MTB, but MTB is my first love due to the technical aspect required in bike handling.

Its always interesting to note how we'll MTB' riders do when going across to road racing, yet you very seldom hear it the other way around.

All that counts is that it has 2 wheels,

D

5. weyless

weyless New Member

i have to go with DarrylZ and hophead. i ride a mountain bike but have two wheel sets that i use. since i ca'n't get to the mountains everyday i train on the road through the week and hit the XC on the weekends.

6. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Road! That said I am upgrading my old MTB for some short track racing next summer....just for the fun of it.

The change of attitude happened three years ago as I was slogging along the Bedford highway against a headwind on my Schwinn mtb. A paceline of 3 riders whoosed past me and disappeared up the road, seemingly indifferent to the windy conditions.

4 months later I bought my first road bike. :D

7. donhix1

donhix1 New Member

Mountain Biking is the my favorite. No cars, beautiful scenery, there is more skill involved and you have so much fun that it doesn't seem like a workout. I spend 90% of my time road biking though because of were I live. I do like the speed involved on a road bike.

8. Telegram Sam

Telegram Sam New Member

I love my vintage trike...but can't get it more then a few miles (50+ pounds of cycling pleasure). Took me three years to build and find all the parts, and I love the looks she gets. Never topples when my recovery beverages are in excess though.
    Other then that- I'm a roadie with a flat bar, fancy shorts and funny shoes every day just pedalin'

9. fatbottomedgirl

fatbottomedgirl New Member

I'm new to road biking but an instant addict - switched from commuting on a heavy moutain bike to a roadie and I feel like I just got wings :D

10. RC2

RC2 New Member

240 votes and not one for BMX? I used to LOVE my BMX!

11. William Henry

William Henry New Member

I love to ride on the road but I am a bit of a mountain man. I wish you had let us choose two:p