Which Do You Trust ? Floor Pump or Handheld Gauge

iplayhockey

Aug 5, 2005
Hello,

Which gauge do you trust more ? The one on the floor pump or the hand held gauge ?

I have found that I consistently get a reading up to 10psi lower with the handheld gauge over the gauge on my floor pump.
Could I be letting 10psi out between removing the head from the floor pump and putting the hand held gauge on ?

Thank You

iplayhockey said:
Hello,

Which gauge do you trust more ? The one on the floor pump or the hand held gauge ?

I have found that I consistently get a reading up to 10psi lower with the handheld gauge over the gauge on my floor pump.
Could I be letting 10psi out between removing the head from the floor pump and putting the hand held gauge on ?

Thank You
I'd go foot pump personally. You could go and test it in the LBS.

iplayhockey said:
Hello,

Thank You

Do it in the reverse order and see the result. You could also retest it with the floor pump and see if the pressure has dropped.