Which Flightdeck for Novara Randonee?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by OperationOrange, Dec 20, 2006.

1. OperationOrange

OperationOrange New Member

Does anyone know which Shimano FlightDeck computer is appropriate for a 2006 Novara Randonee? I'm getting the Randonee for Christmas, and would like to go ahead and order the computer, but don't know which one to get....

TIA!
    Richard Bryan | Clinton, NC

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Contact REI's customer service and see which HARNESS they recommend ... the harness & computer head are often sold separately.

FWIW. I have two Flight Decks and one ErgoBrain (which I'm not using) ... but, I am NOT able to use the CADENCE or GEAR SELECTOR functions because I am not using Flight Deck compatible shifters -- that is, I'm using Campagnolo shifters.

NOT all Shimano shifters are so-called Flight Deck compatible ... so, if there isn't a specific harness which interfaces with your new bike's shifters, there are several OTHER bike computers out there which you may want to consider. That is, your new bike's shifters may not be able to use all the funcitons, and they may recommend a UNIVERSAL mount.

BTW. AFAIK, CatEye makes both the Shimano & Campagnolo bike computer.

3. seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly New Member

you'll have to determine what type your shifters are. once you find out what they are, choose the correct harness according to the shimano website.

you can opt for the 6502 if you have a 10-speed.
    i have the 6501 because i have a 9 speed and it was only $10. the 6502 is about $40