which fruit for recvoery?

wnowak06

Jun 27, 2005
if i only have a few fruits at my disposal to eat after riding for recovery, which would serve me best. a banana, apple, or orange?
which is best for recovery??

If you are hungry and needs energy, neither of the other two beats a banana.

Agreed SG.

My own favourite are apples though : I eat a minimum of three per day : I find them a great source of energy.

Bananas are the best nutritionally, but a nice cold orange out of the fridge on a hot day feels so refreshing.

Make a fruit salad!

wnowak06 said:
if i only have a few fruits at my disposal to eat after riding for recovery, which would serve me best. a banana, apple, or orange?

Bro Deal said:
Have to go with the banana.

definitaly the banana- it is an amazing fruit.
they are also really good frozen(taste like ice cream). that is my favorite in the summer after a long ride in the hot humid heat- frozen banana and a glass of chocolate milk. yummm:p

jamesstout said:
really you should have something more substantial try a bannana smoothie
I agree - one medium banana, one navel orange (they're the best for this), 1/2c plain nonfat yogurt, 1/2c skim milk, and 6-8 ice cubes, Blenderize the daylights out of it and quaff it down- sheer heaven! If you want (not needed for recovery, but good for you), add a couple tablespoons of ground flaxseed- golden is best for this, as the brown has a stronger flavor.

Both the banana and orange have potassium---good for keeping the muscle cramps away. The banana has an added bonus of a bit of protein, though not very much. (I understand protein shortly after exercise is good for muscle recovery?...)

wnowak06 said:

None of these, I'd prefer a red grapefruit.

TrailRider said:
I agree - one medium banana, one navel orange (they're the best for this), 1/2c plain nonfat yogurt, 1/2c skim milk, and 6-8 ice cubes, Blenderize the daylights out of it and quaff it down- sheer heaven! If you want (not needed for recovery, but good for you), add a couple tablespoons of ground flaxseed- golden is best for this, as the brown has a stronger flavor.
That sounds tasty, thanks for the recipe.

~A

Banana's good energy giver.But if you wanna recover from illnesses such as colds, go for fruits rich in vitamin C. Oranges would do it.

you're getting into something very relevant and complex.

However, -
the good old mainstay I would recommend is dates (Deglet Noor, the most common) These will restore you to a perhaps unexpected level.

Israel (Eliasjha)

Japheth said:
you're getting into something very relevant and complex.

However, -
the good old mainstay I would recommend is dates (Deglet Noor, the most common) These will restore you to a perhaps unexpected level.

Israel (Eliasjha)
i like dates raisins and dried solur cherries/ blueberries