which gender is most into mountain biking

By "gender" I assume you mean sex. It's a common, politically correct, grammar error.

There might me more male riders but there are atleast a few females riding!
I recently watched the national collegiate championships at Seven Springs in PA, and there were some beautiful women riders and they were all very good riders. Not at all afraid of getting dirty! It was much more interersting to watch than the men's division!

To my experince the female number tends to grow when cycling is associated with distance as in XC ATb and triathalon cycling.

RoadCoyote said:
Well, last time I checked, I was still female. :eek:

But yeah, there are definitely not as many women on the trails I take. Might be something about, oh, I don't know, the terrain Arizona has to offer. Ever pried a cactus out of your legs or arms? Neither have I! Major incentive to keep the skillset up to par.
I have had to pry cactus out of my arms, legs and shin pads. It hurt like hell and took hours. I fell off my bike on a steep bare hill in Vernon BC and hit alot of cactus'.

Yeah, in Pa there are quite a few bikerchicks, myself included. In the roadie side of things, I found a lot of us. But in the dirt it seems considerably less. I never had the probs that some of my shorter colleagues have, since I'm 5'8 and I can fit my bf's 18 inch mtb no prob. While pink is cool as a fasion statement on clothing, I still think it is hideous on machines:rolleyes:. Mine are always variations of blues and yellows. Races rock. If there is a race within range I will be there or be very annoyed if I have to miss it. Actually, in my peer group its been harder to find guys who want to ride my distances :D.
Almost all of my guys are either roadies(booring) or freeriders, which is fun sometimes but cracking helmets is not cool(done it). I commute all the time on bike too, especially in winter:cool:. Its fun to get the buff chick award for that one, hehe.

RoadCoyote said:
Ever pried a cactus out of your legs or arms? Neither have I! Major incentive to keep the skillset up to par.
I have!!! Very painful. I was bombing down a relatively steep section of singletrack with a 90 degree turn at the bottom. My front tire caught a rut and I endoed. Normally not a problem, I land on my feet 9 out of 10 times I go over the bars. The problem was that this time I ended up straddling a larfe patch of cholla. I had needles from my ankles to my nether regions. Not very fun at all.

I'm pretty set on a Titus Racer X and ready to make my purchase. But girls will be girls, I guess.. I'm totally stuck on whether to get a pink one for the silly factor (and hopefully to make a statement that we are on the trails) or a blue (because I like it and because I really do want to blend..) I'll sort this out in the next few days. :rolleyes:

BTW... of course men are more into mountain biking. Women can find comfortable bikes, saddles etc by now if they are looking for them but you have to have paid your dues to know how to look for them. Bike companies from Huffy on up need to know that it is in all of their best interest's to court women riders long before they can afford to buy a Titus. Really, who would not want to ride a mountain bike if they could comfortably?

Out of about 5 mountain bikers you will see about one girl. I think that this is because there are not too many girls who are tough enough.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: