Which Grease Is Better For Seatpost ?

asuewrowt

Jun 26, 2015
I have a few types of grease which one of them should i use it for the seat post to prevent it from stuck inside the seat tube?
ti-flow more oil-like while the TriGEL look creamy..

Plain grease is all you need, unless you have a carbon fiber frame/post. In that case, friction paste and a torque wrench are in order.

Yeah, assuming you mean a metal post and metal frame I'd use the white grease. Just enough to make a thin coat. The purpose isn't so much in aiding the insertion of the seat post but to prevent corrosion or galling that makes removal difficult or impossible, so you want something thick that will stick around for a while. The tri-flow and ultra-lite oil are way too thin and I've never heard of TriGEL but I've successfully used white grease many times for this purpose.

Honestly any grease will do. "specialty" grease is just marketing, it's pretty much the same formula.
Go to your local hardware store and pick up a tube of standard white grease.

I don't think grease matters, yet alone what type. Most people make it without using any grease at all. I've never had a problem with stuck seat post. I think they added some grease 4 years ago when I bought the bike. I've had it out several times since and never regreased even though I have grease. No reason to use when not needed.

I recently got some beautiful turquoise blue grease which - although it can't be seen on the seatpost - perfectly matches my ice-blue frame

To lubricate my seat post I use an automotive assembly grease called LUBRIPLATE. It's white and calcium based. I also use it to lubricate my door locks in my 77 Dodge Ram van. Works great.

I think I would go with the creamy type substance. If you have both and try the creamy type substance and are not happy with it. Perhaps you should attempt to try the other one. You might prefer the oily one over they other.