Which is more painful?

Jim Dougherty

Guest
Reading Chris Horner's comments in velonews or watching Carmichael on OLN? I am starting to think
velonews has no one else to talk to at the end of races besides this cry baby. All he does is
criticise and complain about other riders and teams. The recent Navigators rant was quite comical
considering they just returned from Europe with some more than decent success. Horner is a great
rider here in the USA but lucky for him the road conditions in Georgia were perfect, throw in real
cobbles or cold weather and Horner really would have been crying as Vogels rode away from him.
Isn't this the same guy who couldn't get out of his own way for two years in Europe and spent most
of his time licking his wounds in the Macdonalds in Nice. Luckily we won't see him when Philly
roles around. It is kind of sad because the Saturn Team is known for being such a classy
organization and the interesting, more proffessional riders like Wohlberg or McCormick we hear
nothing from. Carmichael keeps my mute button very active on thursday night although that doesn't
defend against seeing all those arm movements, what is he doing with all that waving? It is bad
enough that we have to listen to him claim that he is Lance's coach over and over again and again
and again and again (you get the idea) but telling us that Roubaix riders do Lat Pull downs to
develop their "core" during the winter. How many belgian riders know what "the core" is? Just as I
have respect for Horner as a rider I have respect for Carmichael as a businessman, he is one crafty
(or very lucky) dude. He really should just hire someone to speak for his company on OLN, someone
who speaks well in front of the camera (not easy to do) and maybe someone who has some physiology
training. It is kind of sad because there are some really well trained professional coaches out
there too but I guess they just don't have all the deals that enable them to put a famous rider's
name on their business cards.

In article <[email protected]>, Jim Dougherty
<[email protected]> wrote: Carmichael keeps my mute button very active on thursday
night although
> that doesn't defend against seeing all those arm movements, what is he doing with all that waving?
> It is bad enough that we have to listen to him claim that he is Lance's coach over and over again
> and again and again and again (you get the idea) but telling us that Roubaix riders do Lat Pull
> downs to develop their "core" during the winter. How many belgian riders know what "the core" is?
> Just as I have respect for Horner as a rider I have respect for Carmichael as a businessman, he is
> one crafty (or very lucky) dude. He really should just hire someone to speak for his company on
> OLN, someone who speaks well in front of the camera (not easy to do) and maybe someone who has
> some physiology training. It is kind of sad because there are some really well trained
> professional coaches out there too but I guess they just don't have all the deals that enable them
> to put a famous rider's name on their business cards.

He is Lance's friend. Lance's coach is Italian. I think Lance also owns part of the CTS company.

-WG

you hit that **** on the head about Carmichael. all he is doing is being American and capitalizing
on lance to get more money for his pocket. he should have learned from his father and earned his
money by becoming a doctor instead of playing one on TV. his training book "the lance armstrong
performance program" is a joke and in about ten years it will be considered comical...... **** it is
comical now, they are laughing all the way to the bank selling it too all the junior dreamers...

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Jim Dougherty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Reading Chris Horner's comments in velonews or watching Carmichael on OLN? I am starting to
> > think velonews has no one else to talk to at the end of races besides this cry baby. All he does
> > is criticise and complain about other riders and teams. The recent Navigators rant was quite
> > comical considering they just returned from Europe with some more than decent success. Horner is
> > a great rider here in the USA but lucky for him the road conditions in Georgia were perfect,
> > throw in real cobbles or cold weather and Horner really would have been crying as Vogels rode
> > away from him.
>

> <snip>
>

> So, what position do you hold in the Nandrogators organization? and what's your real name?
My real name is the same as the fake one you indicated I put on the first post. Not to smart of me I
guess, you are the brilliant one here. I do not work in cycling, I am just a fan.

"JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> you hit that **** on the head about Carmichael. all he is doing is being American and capitalizing
> on lance to get more money for his pocket. he should have learned from his father and earned his
> money by becoming a doctor instead of playing one on TV. his training book "the lance armstrong
> performance program" is a joke and
in
> about ten years it will be considered comical.......

You mean like you are now?