Which is the best, Aluminum or Aluminium?

Hi San Remo GT, they are the same element (AL) ... http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/aluminium.htm
Following up a Topical Words piece on the international spelling of what British English writes as sulphur, many American subscribers wrote in to ask about another element with two spellings: aluminium.
The metal was named by the English chemist Sir Humphry Davy (who, you may recall, “abominated gravy, and lived in the odium of having discovered sodium”), even though he was unable to isolate it: that took another two decades’ work by others. He derived the name from the mineral called alumina, which itself had only been named in English by the chemist Joseph Black in 1790. Black took it from the French, who had based it on alum, a white mineral that had been used since ancient times for dyeing and tanning, among other things. Chemically, this is potassium aluminium sulphate (a name which gives me two further opportunities to parade my British spellings of chemical names).
Sir Humphry made a bit of a mess of naming this new element, at first spelling it alumium (this was in 1807) then changing it to aluminum, and finally settling on aluminium in 1812. His classically educated scientific colleagues preferred aluminium right from the start, because it had more of a classical ring, and chimed harmoniously with many other elements whose names ended in –ium, like potassium, sodium, and magnesium, all of which had been named by Davy.
If you are American you tend to say Aluminum (A-lu-min-um) otherwise it is generally Aluminium (Al-u-min-eum).

thanks KL /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Yeah, that's why I prefer Aluminum bikes to Aluminium bikes, the former are typically sold in dollars and the latter in pounds. well I like a light bike and any fool knows a dollar weighs a lot less than a pound.

Hi daveryanwyoming, not if you are Australian where a large amount of Alumina exists (sold in AU dollars ... hmm, maybe/maybe not?) and I have always known it as Aluminium ...

thanks KL /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Yeah I know they from the same element but whats the difference between the compounds in that element? Im useless at chemistry an ****.